Chp. 13

I said I was fine, but I never said it didn't hurt. -@brysontiller

Harold's Pov:

I walked up the 14 flights of stairs up to my apartment. I took the key out of my pocket, put it into the key hole, and opened it. I walked in setting my bag on the floor. I could hear car horns from like 6 streets over. God why was New York so loud.

I walked into my bedroom where I had pictures of my family like my sisters and my daughter Megan. I haven't seen her since she was 2. I know that she lives with Katrina's sister in Los Angeles though. I've been planning on seeing if I could find her while i'm in Los Angeles for a week.

I didn't forget about her, I just needed to get away for awhile, and by awhile I meant forever.

*a few weeks later*

Megan's pov:

Today, I was out walking with Joe. We weren't in school due to the fact that today is Saturday. We were walking along the sidewalk in Downtown L.A. There is a lot of interesting stuff in downtown. My foot has been healing better and when I went to the doctor's the other day, they said that I could start walking again. I was talking to Joe when I saw somebody that I never wanted to see ever again.

Harold's pov:

Since I was in Los Angeles, I decided to go for a walk in Downtown L.A. I walked past a Forever 21 and a Target. When I walked past a book store, I saw a person that I thought I would never see, with some boy that she was talking to.

I walked up to her, and she took a couple of steps back from where she was.

"Megan, look at how grown you've become," I said as the boy she was with wrapped his arm around my daughters waist.

"I don't understand why you're here because you don't care about me, all you care about is yourself," Megan told me as the boy was being protective of her.

"Megan, I came to bring you back into my life," I told her.

"Come back in my life! I lived without you in my life for 16 years. You really think that I want you back into my life. No matter how hard you try, I will not let you back," She told me starting to make me upset.

"Wait, this is your dad?" the boy asked.

"That's my dad," Megan told the boy.

I looked at the ground for a couple of minutes, about 10 at least. When I looked up from the ground, Megan and the boy had left, disappearing in the distance.