chp. 29

I'm not even angry or upset anymore. I'm just kind of numb.

*2 weeks later*

Joe's pov:

It was almost time for Thanksgiving, and I knew that Megan wouldn't be here for Thanksgiving, because she was going to Canada. I woke up, throwing on a random shirt, pair of pants, and my black sneakers.

*3 days before Thanksgiving*

Megan's pov:

I was currently at the airport with Joe, getting ready to get on my flight.

"I'm going to miss you," he said kissing my head. 

"I know, but I'll be back on Saturday," I said before kissing him on the cheek.

"Plane 362, you may now board," the lady said.

"I gotta go. I love you," I said kissing him again.

"I love you too," he said kissing me before I left.

*Thanksgiving*

"Megan, would you like to do the prayer?" Aunt Kayla asked me.

"Sure. Dear God, Thank you for this food. Thank you for my family. Thank you for everything. Amen," I said.

"Amen," the rest of my family said after me.

*1 week later*

*in art class*

Megan's pov:

Today, we had a substitute for Mr. Hemmings, we rarely have a sub for him. I texted Ashton asking him if he knew where Mr. Hemmings was.

M: Do you know where Mr. Hemmings is?

A:He's at home, taking care of Michael, because he's sick.

M: Awww, poor Michael.

*the next day*

Mr. Hemming's pov:

I woke up to Mikey not in bed, but across the hall in our daughters room. She was laying on her bed asleep, her blanket over her, because it was cold in our house.  I walked back over to our bedroom, pulling my shirt out of my dresser drawer, along with my pants. I put them on, as Mikey came back into our room.

"She has a fever, and isn't feeling well. So I'm going to stay with her," Mikey said before kissing me before I left.

"Okay. I love you," I said kissing him.

"I love you too," he said as I grabbed my bag.

Michael's pov:

After Luke left the house, I went back upstairs to our bedroom, to go get dressed. I pulled out my tour shirt, and a pair of sweatpants, pulling them up my legs. I heard my daughter turn in her bed, wrapping more of her blanket around her.

I walked across the hall, to her room. I felt her forehead and it was burning hot. I shook her gently, her turning around to face me. She threw her blanket off of her, it falling to the end of her bed.

"How you feeling, little one?" I asked her, putting her hair into a ponytail.

"I still don't feel good, daddy," she said while pulling her charger out of her phone.

" Do you want to come to the store with me to get you a few things?" I asked her, kissing her forehead.

"Yea, just let me get dressed," she said before getting out of bed.

I left the room, going downstairs to the kitchen to get 2 green teas out of the fridge. She came downstairs, grabbing her sweatshirt off of the coat rack in our living room. I grabbed my car keys, grabbed her hand, helping her into the car. I got into my car, driving to the store to get her a few things.

When we got to the store, we got soup, bread, cheese, water, a blanket, and some other things. After I paid for the stuff, I drove back to the house, taking my sleepy little one out of the car, going inside the house, and putting her on the couch.  I put the stuff I bought into the closet, grabbing a can of soup to make. A couple of minutes later, my phone started going off.

*2 text messages from Luke (inserts red heart emoji) *

L:How's my little one doing?

L: Make sure you do laundry today (inserts red heart emoji)

M: She's woken up, but she still doesn't feel well. I will make sure to do that, while I'm making her food.

L: Well, I gotta go. I love you both.

(WARNING::::: IT GETS A LITTLE DISGUSTING HERE:::: BY DISGUSTING I MEAN PUKING BLOOD)

I went upstairs, grabbing all of the stuff that needed washed. I took it downstairs setting it in the laundry room. I walked into the kitchen, to see my little one in the kitchen sitting on the stool, puking in the trashcan.

"Are you okay, little one? " I asked her, rubbing her back.

"I feel weak, daddy," she said before getting off the chair to sit on the floor.

I looked in the trashcan that my little one was currently puking in. It was all red, and I could tell that it was blood. I picked her up, grabbed my car keys, put her into the car. I called Luke, putting him on speaker.

L:Hi honey, what's up?

M: Luke, we have a problem.

L: What's wrong?

M:Little one, was puking up blood, so I'm taking her to the emergency room.

L:I'll be there as soon as I can Mikey.

*10 minutes later*

Luke's pov:

I was currently on my way to the hospital to see my little one. I pulled into the parking lot, parking my car, going to the room that my daughter was in. I got to the door, seeing Mikey sitting outside of the door.

"How's she doing?" I asked him, sitting next to him.

"They said, that her white blood cells are low," he said wiping the tears from his face.

"Just yesterday, our little girl was fine. And now she's in the hospital sick," I said grabbing his hand.

"You guys can go back in now," the doctor told us as he came out of the room.

We walked in, wiping the tears from our face. She was laying in the bed, with a bunch of machines, hooked up to her. She was laying on her back, the iv in her arm, and a needle hooked to a bag of blood, to help her get blood back into her system.

Megan's pov:

I was currently sitting at the hospital with my aunt, helping her with filling out paperwork. As she was signing the papers, I was designing an outfit for Mr. Hemmings class. I saw Mr. Hemmings and Michael come out of the elevator. They came up to the desk that we were sitting at, asking my aunt about somebody that was in the hospital.

Author's Note:

I was originally not planning to introduce Luke and Michael's daughter in this book. So that's why her name is Little One. Her real name is never going to be said in this book :).  (I lied lol)