Chp.8

Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, pretty heart, and pretty  soul. - Anonymous

Megan's Pov:

Today, I woke up at 5:50, because my surgery was at 8:00. I put on my 5 seconds of summer shirt as well as my black and white nike shorts. I put my hair into a ballerina bun and secured it with bobby pins.

Kaylin's pov:

I woke up extra early today because I was going to go see my cousin before she got her surgery done. I put on my pink and purple nike shorts. I ran down the stairs as I put on my 5 seconds of summer shirt. I put a hairbow in my hair and grabbed an apple. I headed out the door to my cousin's house.

Joe's pov:

I got up and put on my black basketball shorts and ran down the hall to my twin sisters room. "Have you seen my red flannel?" I asked her as she was doing her makeup.

"It's in my hamper of stuff I need to put away." She replied while putting on her eyeshadow.

"Thanks Cayla." I said while pulling it out of her hamper.

I went back to my room and went through my closet to find my black shirt. I couldn't find it so I just pulled out a white one. I ran down the stairs and put on my shirt while carrying my flannel. I went into the kitchen and grabbed my keys out of the drawer and put on my slides. I headed out the door with my sister to my girlfriends house.

We pulled into the driveway and there was another car in her driveway, I realized it wasn't hers. I got out of the car and headed to the front door with Cayla. I knocked on the door and a tall black haired girl opened the door. " So, you must be the car in the driveway?" I asked.

"Yep, that's my car parked in the driveway. I haven't seen my cousin in a couple of weeks, so I though I'd come see her before she has surgery." Kaylin replied.

Megan was sitting at the island eating a bowl of cereal. She had her cast on her left foot and her sneaker on the other. When she was finished, Kaylin took the bowl and washed it for her. It was now 6:30 and it took 30 minutes to get to the hospital, and you have to be there an hour before. I handed Megan her crutches and helped her down off the stool.

We went outside and I helped her into the car and got in and drove off. Cayla fell asleep about 5 minutes into the ride. She shouldn't have been up all night texting her boyfriend. After about 30 minutes we were there. Megan had almost fell asleep but she didn't. I helped Megan out of the car and we went into the hospital. We checked in and they got her all prepared for surgery.

Megan's pov:

I was laying in the hospital bed, Cayla was holding one hand and Joe was holding the other. Korinna was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. It was about 7:55 and they put an iv in me and one of those things they put on your finger. They took me to the surgery room. The last thing I saw was them put a needle in me to knock me out.