Chapter 17: The Sad Truth

Chapter 17

( Noah's pov)

We step out of the car at we both take a moment of silence, staring up at the building in front of us. After a minute which felt like the longest minute of my life, Sophia turned her head towards me.

My breath got caught. I see something flash through her eyes but were quickly cover up quickly for me to read.

" So are we going in or not?" She says not meeting me with her eyes.

That's weird. If the old Sophia was still inside of her, she would've come crying back to my arms.

She turns her head towards me and looks at me expectedly. "Well?"

I start walking towards the entrance and can feel Sophia right behind me. We walk up to the door to the building and I open the door for her.

"M' lady"

"Why thank you young gentleman." She says playing along. I smirk back at her and she rolls her eyes at me.

We both walk down the flight of stairs of the building side by side. I look back and see a employer building people to their seats and look up front and see Sophia nowhere to be seen.

'Where did she go?' I think to myself. I then see a girl with a pink hat just like Sophia and I run to her.

"Where-" I close my mouth shut when the girl then turns her head and I realize it wasn't Sophia.

"I'm sorry." I say to the girl and start to walk away, when I see Sophia sitting down at her seat just a few rows behind me, smirking. I walk to the seat next to Sophia and I sit comfortably.

"I see that you missed me." She says smirking to herself. I turn my head towards to her and catch her eye and quickly turn away.

'Man why you acting like this?' I say to myself. I hear Sophia chuckle beside me and I look back at her confused when it quickly snapped to me she heard what I was saying to myself.

"Forget you heard that." I say to her scratching the nape of my neck.

"Yeah sure." She says sarcasticly after calming herself down.

*********

"So how was the show?" I say to Sophia who was sitting right beside me. I look to my right and see her staring out the car window. She ignored my question and continued to look out the window.

A few minutes later in the car she put on the music in the car and settled back down. I glance back at her again and turn back to the road.

"What did you think of the performance?" I say to Sophia. She ignored me again. I turn my head to her and glare at her, she slowly turns her head to me and looks at me normally.

I was starting to get annoyed at how she was behaving this whole day. She didn't even react to any of my efforts. I grip the steering wheel and look back at the big houses in front of us. I drive into Sophia's driveway.

"Noah I know what you are trying to do." She says looking at the house in front of us.

"What am I trying to do?" I pretend to be dumb. She turns her head towards me and just looks at me. I can feel the emotions radiating off of her.

"You know what I'm talking about. This whole day you were trying to get me to react to the past events in our life last year and the truth is you are still holding onto grudges." She says, completely reading my mind.

I look at her again, remembering last year's events. I see her blank eyes staring back at me. A new emotion passed through her eyes. But gone before I can read it.

"And what about you?" I say accusingly. I stare at her, hoping to see the old Sophia in her eyes. She ignores my question and says:

"The truth is Noah, I don't want to love you anymore."

And before she can see how much those words hurt my heart she ran out of the car and inside her house.

*********

Long time since I have updated, wow! I wanted to say sorry by writing a big chapter for you all and I hope you all loved it. Well not really..... Umm sorry ..... I hope you felt what Noah felt in this chapter sincerely.

New month means new beginnings and I hope this month will be great for you all. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

-T