Chapter 34: Time

Chapter 34

(Sophia's pov)

"Your not going to kill me, right?" Noah says to lighten up the mood in the car.

I glance over to him to give him a smirk and turn back to the road.

"Great. Tell my mom and sister I love them. And I'll come back to haunt you." Noah says as he gets more comfortable in my car.

I give him a small laugh and clear my throat. I don't question him about his dad, cause clearly it was none of my business.

"Hand me my bag?" I ask Noah.

He sits up to reach the back seat and hand me my bag. I place it on my lap and keep my eyes on the road, while reaching for my pills. I place the bottle of pills between my legs to open it and take out one before closing the bottle and tossing it inside my bag. And I plop the pill in my mouth.

I feel Noah's eyes watching me and I passively look at him and look back at the road. He doesn't say anything but I can literally feel the confusion radiating off of him.

"My doctor prescipted it to me." I say to him before he bombards me with questions.

From the corner of my eyes I look at Noah to see his eyes filled with so much hurt as if he felt my pain, making me regret even looking at him. I began to feel chest pain and reach for my water bottle to help the pain.

He wanted to say something but he closed his mouth before saying it.

I kept my eyes on the road the rest of the ride knowing one look at Noah will start my chest pains again.

*******

"We're here." I say to Noah as I pull into the parking lot of the hiking place.

"What are we doing here? Wait are you really gonna kill me?" Noah askes with a look of fear in his eyes.

I chuckle at him and say, "trust me if I did kill you I would cause more pain."

I park the car and unlock the trunk. I head over to the trunk and open it. I take off my heels and put on my socks and sneakers. Noah comes over and looks at me questioning.

"We're here for the project." I say in a 'duh' voice and hold up my camera.

I reach for the hem of my button up to pull off before Noah says, "Whoa, whoa what are you doing?" He says to me with his hands up defensively.

"Relax I have a sports bra on." I say and take off my shirt to change my top since I already had my leggings on.

I give him a deadpan look and toss him a t-shirt and he catches it swiftly.

"Why do you have a guy's shirt with you?"

"It's my dad's, I keep it in here in case we ever decide to go hiking out of the blue, since we tend to do that a lot."

"Ohhhh" he says and he changes too, I catch a peek of his abs and instantly hitting myself in the head for checking him out.