Chapter 44: Heaven

Wish you were here - Florence and the machine *********

*********

Chapter 44
(Sophia's pov)

"My mom and I agree that these parties are always the best when the whole family comes together." Leonard, Mary's oldest son states and the family nod at his statement.

"Sometimes it gets hard to get together during this time  but we always knew in the back of our minds the end of spring holds many memories what better time of the year than this." Leonard says and then Mary looks at him with a solemn look on her face.

"Why don't we start the evening with a dance?" He states as a question but wasn't really asking. The orchestra immediately started playing and the family spreaders out to talk to guests. I turn to my friends beside me and smile at them.

"You finally came!" I state and hug them all.

"We actually arrived a half hour ago, but we couldn't find you until you stepped on the dance floor with one of the hosts." Skye says to me with a knowing grin.

"Well Alex dragged me there but he had to step aside for a few minutes and then here we are." I say to them. Skye's eyes move towards someone behind me and turn around to see Noah standing not too far from us, talking to a man in a black suit. The man soon walks away with his wife towards the dance floor. Noah now standing alone, probably going to ask an unfortunate girl to dance with him.

He feels the glares we were sending him and then immediately comes over here, after spotting us. I immediately remember our little incident at the party, and I stiffen as he comes closer.

He walks up to Skye not before looking at me and lends out a hand for her to take, "May I?"

'Is he freaking serious?' I think to myself and watch them two. Skye looks at me then at him, I give her a look and she ignores me by taking his hand and they both go to the dance floor. Skye's face was blank not giving away any emotions while Noah looked relieved. I had a bitter taste in my mouth and fire burning in my chest, as I look away from the two.

"May I have this dance?" Lucus says beside me lending out a hand.

I look at Evaline to see her talking on the phone and hesitantly take his hand and then say with a smile, "why not?"

The music starts and Lucus places his hand on my back with a soft gaze in his eyes. I furrow my eyebrows at him and say, "what?"

He shakes his head at me then looks at someone behind me. I knew immediately who it was without even looking and I could tell by just seeing Lucus's expression. Whenever he sees Evaline, Lucus has this awestruck look on his face and whenever she is talking all her can do is stare at her. He is very protective of her, it's very cute if you ask me.