Chapter 39: Still Standing

All we know - Chainsmokers ft Phoebe Ryan.

*********

Chapter 39
(Skye's pov)

I hear a thump after Sophia drops to the floor, I immediately get up and run over to Sophia. Evaline withdraws her hand from failing to catch Sophia who was about less than feet away on the floor.

"Sophia." Lucus mutters and runs over to Sophia's side in a heartbeat. Evaline checks her head and Noah quickly comes over from the other side of the room to aid Sophia.

He unconsciously bumps his shoulder with mine, not noticing me. "I'll call an ambulance." Claire exclaims and immediately dials the number.

"If I was a bit faster, I would've caught her from bumping her head on the table." Evaline says with guilt in her eyes.

"It wasn't your fault, Evaline." Lucus says to her and her eyes soften when she looks up at him from her lap.

"Lucus can you get a piece of cloth to stop Sophia's head from bleeding." Noah says inspecting Sophia's head. And then moves her hair off her face.

Lucus gets up immediately and goes into the kitchen and then comes back quickly with some alcohol, tissues, and a bandaid pad. He hands it to Noah and he reaches for it.

Noah cleans Sophia's head from the blood and then puts on the bandaid. I see Lucus watching Sophia with worry in his eyes and I do too.

I look at Noah and see an emotion I can't really despair. His face showed a mix of anger, worry, and...... hurt? I watch him observably and he wasn't aware of me watching. He runs his hand through his hair, frustratedly and with a frown plastered to his face.

I felt something burning in my chest but I didn't care because I was curious to why Noah was this worried. I then get angry at my self for even thinking this way, I couldn't feel jealous at a time like this, Sophia was unconscious on the floor.

I walk over to the group surrounding Sophia and ignore the pain I feel in my chest when I look over to Noah. I stand over them since there was no space to sit around Sophia.

Ding dong!

"That's the medics." Lucus says and gets up to open the door. The medics quickly come in and ask for Sophia. We move away from her body so they could put her on the stretcher they brought. The medics cover over to inspect the injury and take her away.

"Who put this on?" The medic with blue eyes says while pointing at the bandaid.

"I did." Noah says.

"Good job, this stopped the bleeding from her head." He says while the other two medics lifted Sophia on the stretcher and quickly pushed her out.

We all walk out the house and the medic with blue eyes says only two of us with be able to come with them. Noah volunteers and so does Claire. They get in after the medics and they close the doors and drove off.

"If any of you want to stay the night you may, but I'm heading over to the hospital." Lucus says to us all after we head inside.

"I'll come with you." Evaline says and he nods his head at her.

"I'll head over to the hospital after I go home and change, quickly." Melissa says to us and Jake says the same.