Chapter 41: Vulnerable

Chapter 41
(Sophia's pov)

I quickly step away from Noah when he looks up like a deer in headlights. He relaxes and casually states while backing up slightly, "I was going to....call Skye over but you kept on talking not letting me say she is in washroom."

"That still doesn't allow you to come in my room while I am changing, and you could've just walked past my room." I say adjusting my sleeves and fixing my hair.

"Yea....well I didn't." He says, failing to defend himself. Noah scratches the back of his head and slowly backs out of my room.

"Yea umm see you tomorrow- I mean downstairs." He says and quickly turns around before I see his cheeks turning red and shutting the door behind him. Unlucky for him I'll be teasing him about it later.

I chuckle at him and start off my makeup. I play some music and check the time thinking where the hell Skye is. And speak of the devil and Skye quickly barges into my room, looking for me finding me in front of my vanity. I swear she looked like that spongebob meme on the internet but with a huge grin on her face.

"Guess what just happened!" Skye exclaims and I furrow my eyebrows at her in why she was so excited.

"What did you see?" I say going back to applying some powder on my face and blush.

"I walked in on Lucus and Evaline the other room, you know..... well almost cause I barged it at the wrong time." She says and wiggles her eyebrows and then frowns at her timing.

I look away from the mirror with big eyes and gape my mouth open with a huge smile. "You're joking right!?" I say getting up from my seat ignoring the part she barges in like a mad women on crack.

"Please I would never joke about this! Lucus and Evaline are hundred percent attracted to each other." Skye exclaims back. We both have our little fan girl moment, inwardly squealing and then look back at each other with mischief.

"Are you thinking what I am thinking?" I say to her.

"If it's about mentioning me walking in on them during my speech at the party, then yeah." Skye says to me.

"That's even more better than what I was thinking, it's a plan." I say to Skye and she nods at me with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

**********

Skye gets off the stage and quickly mentions her encounter with Lucus and Evaline just before, with them currently looking like tomatoes at their table. I smile at the two as they look anywhere but at eachother.

Lucus gets up to pretend to attend a call, quickly getting out of the room from the huge embarrassment and Evaline takes a big gulp of the glass of sparkling apple cider in her hands, squinting slightly. A few minutes later she heads the same direction and bumps into Lucus, hitting her head with his. Her cheeks turn even red when she finds out who she bumped into and quickly walks out the door after muttering 'sorry', with Lucus heading the other direction.

I turn my attention to Ethan who was now walking towards me with concern written on his face. He reaches me and lends out his elbow for me to wrap around and I do so. We start to walk towards the stage and he says:

"Sophia how are feeling?" Ethan says with concern in his eyes since I told mom I was going to speak after Skye.

"I'm fine Ethan, besides I made sure to take my meds today after getting ready." I say with a smile, not often Ethan shows this side of him usually we are just fighting.