Chapter 32: Cooking Disaster

Chapter 32

(Sophia's pov)

I press the twenty-fourth button on the elevator and then close the elevator doors. I look up to the asending numbers above the doors, waiting impatiently for the numbers to turn fifteen. I tap my foot against the floor and debate what to cook for dinner.

Ding!

The elevator doors open and someone walks in, I look back to my phone and catch up with Claire.

She asked about where I disappeared last night and why I didn't text her back once I came back to the hotel. I swear this girl is like my mom but more over protective. I change the topic to over to what else I should cook besides my famous lasagna and chocolate layered cake.

I hear someone clear their throat beside me and I look upto the culprit. There stands Noah in all his glory. He slightly smirks at me and waves his hand at me. I groan while look up at the ceiling of the elevator.

'Why does this always happen?'

Noah stood there staring at the elevator doors, with his aviator sunglasses on. One of his hands were hanging off this pant pockets and the other scrolling through his phone. He stood there with a care in the world, when literally his ex is standing there right beside him.

'Isn't this what you wanted, Noah to leave you alone, then why are you so offended for you got what you wanted' My inner concious says to me.

Yeah! Why am I offended for, I got what I wanted and I shouldn't worry about such tribal matter like these. I have bigger problems at my hand. Like finishing that project Ms. Tate said was going to be due once I get back to LA. And starting the preparations for dinner tonight.

I look back at the ascending numbers and see it reached the fifteenth floor and more people started piling in. I move sideways towards Noah to let people in the elevator. The doors close and Noah puts his phone back in his pocket. I stand there awkwardly waiting for my floor. I look upto the elevator numbers to see the elevator is going up the floors a lot slower since many people are getting on and off.

A lady lightly shoved my shoulder trying to get off and I hit my shoulder against Noah's, muttering sorry to him. The next floor a handsome guy who looked about in his early twenties, stood next to me and picked up a small conversation with me and to avoid the awkwardness between Noah and me, I talked back.

The guy left a few floors later just after inviting me to a small party, his boss was throwing and I said I'll think about going. The two floors was going to be my floor, so I sent a quick text to Lucus telling him I'm almost there. I lean again the wall once the elevator become more spacious, forgetting Noah was still there.

"So are you going?" A voice spoke up. I look up from my phone to see Noah leaning against the opposite wall from mine.

I furrow my eyebrows at his question and he clarifies himself.
"Are you going to the party?"

I raise my eyebrows at him and say "Why do you care?"

He chuckles softly at me and shrugs one shoulder. "I don't, I was just asking" he says while looking upto the ascending numbers.

I squint my eyes at his every move and then say, "I don't know, I might"

"Oh ok" he says passively.