Chapter 35: Wild At Heart

Chloe Bennet as Skye Laurent.

*********

Chapter 35
(Sophia's pov)

"So Sophia, how is the project going with you and Noah?" Skye says as she lifts her fork filled with pasta to her mouth.

Everyone in our table suddenly stops their conversations to look at us both. Claire looks at me with her eyebrows raised and I avert my gaze to reply. I was surprised Skye picked up a conversation with me.

"It's going great, right Noah?" I say and try to bring him into the conversation. Noah looks up at me like a deer caught in headlights and suddenly starts coughing violently and reaches for his drink. Skye pats his back and looks at him worryingly. Noah looks back at her and gives her a small smile. Que gagging.

"Yeah, we still have a bunch of shots to complete though." He says after coughing and pecks Skye on the cheek, out of nowhere.

"Oh" She says off guard and I see her cheeks turn slightly red. Noah moves her hair out of her face and smiles her lovingly, and lifts her hand to kiss the back of it.

I felt a fire burning inside of me, mixed with jealousy mixed in with it. I look away and my eyes land on Lucus who had a slight frown on his face and quickly covered it up with a smile. I furrow my eyebrows at him and he copies me, I instantly roll my eyes at him and he fake hurts. Easily making me smile and he winks at me before going back to his food.

I look back at the couple in front of me to find them both looking at me. "So Skye how is your project going?" I say cutting them off.

She opens her mouth to say something but then looks around feeling the eyes of everyone sitting at the table. Her cheeks tinted pink even redder now and then she pouts at me. And then stands up to sit Indian style on her chair, earning the attention of everyone in our table. "Sorry, I feel more comfortable sitting like this." She says with a goofy grin.

I smile back at her, liking this side of Skye not the reserved one and copy her, and then say, "Me too. It's been a long time since I found my people." I say while pretending to stroke my non-existent beard with a thinking face.

We look at eachother for a second with a serious look but with a slight smile out of the corner of our mouths and then instantly burst out laughing. I feel the eyes of everyone in the lunchroom but couldn't help but not care. I catch Lucus's gaze and he looks at us like we were crazy and I burst out laughing even harder, with Skye following suit.

I settle down my laughs and hold onto the table for support, but then Skye falls off her seat making me burst out laughing again because of the look on her face just before she fell. Noah quickly gets up to pick her up but she layed back on the floor, laughing.

"Oh my god, Skye are you alright." Noah says, lending out a hand. Skye sits up and takes his hand. She stands back up and sticks her tougue out at me and lay me head down, so I could stop laughing.

I stop laughing and sit back up to see Claire by my side, to see if I was alright. And I give her a reassuring look, before taking a sip of water.

"Claire, I think it's about time to admit Sophia into a mental institution." Lucus interjects and I squint my eyes at him.