Chapter 42: Demeanor

Gasoline  - Halsey

*********

Chapter 42
(Skye's pov)

I sit beside Sophia as she sleeps after this long night and replay all the events of tonight. I needed to be there for Sophia and I wasn't going to let my feelings for Noah get in the way between us two. I've never felt more accepted and happy before meeting Sophia, and my feelings Noah is the least of my worries.

But somehow the memories and my feelings of the thought of Noah and Sophia make my heart hurt. I should've known better, Noah is a playboy and he will never change. Even if I'm his girlfriend it still doesn't stop him from looking at other girls. All these bitter thoughts fill my head but then I keep replaying the good moments Noah and I had, making me even more confused to what I feel.

The way he holds me, smiles, and cares for me somehow overcomes all his flaws. Noah can't commit and I knew this before agreeing to be his girlfriend. His eyes are always wandering and I denied all this until tonight's incident at the party, a big wake up call for me.

Noah and Sophia have a past, and I can't believe how I let myself fall for Noah when his heart belongs to someone else, making me angrier at myself. Sophia has been trying to get far away from his when he's always inching closer. I need to end all this.

I look back at Sophia with the hurt still written all over her face even she when sleeping, making my eyes soften. Sophia has been through a lot and she is entitled to breaking down once in a while from her strong demeanor. After tonight I couldn't help but respect Sophia even more for being so strong through all of what she is facing.

I walk over to her walk in closet and place Sophia's heels on the bottom shelf. I reach for her night clothes and walk over to her bed to help her change out of her dress. After helping Sophia change out and hanging her dress back up, I decide to head over to her bathroom to take a shower, which wasn't uncommon of me to do since I stay over like almost every weekend.

I wash my hair and close my eyes as the hot water soothes my muscles. I let a few tears drop and then close the water after finishing my business. I reach for the towel and wrap it around me, I look at the fogged mirror and wipe it to see my eyes red from the shower. I walk out the bathroom to the closet where I had a few of my clothes in the corner. I put on my pink nightgown and some socks, letting the air dry my hair.

I reach for my phone to see text messages from the group chat, wondering how Sophia was. I tell them she is now still sleeping and for them to relax. Just as I was about to lock my phone, 'Noah calling' was written across my screen. I ignore the call and put my phone on silent so I don't disturb Sophia.

I hear a knock on the door and I mutter 'come in' to see Mrs. Brava in the dress she wore to the party, since she just came back. She smiles at me sadly and looks at Sophia with hurt in her eyes before saying, "I just came to say how much I appreciate you staying over to look after Sophia, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"It's all my pleasure, Mrs. Brava. I don't know what I'd do without you and your family." I say with a sincere look. Mrs. Brava comes over to hug me as if knowing I was hurting.

"Skye this is your home too, you will always be accepted and treated as my own." Mrs. Brava says and pulls away before saying goodnight.

I missed the way my parents came home every night but now they are always abroad for business. After Liam's death in our family, I didn't get the chance to be raised like any teenager. The house was always empty from a presence and our laughters.