Chapter 45: Slipping Away

Shake it out - Florence and The Machine

********

Chapter 45
(Sophia's pov)

I pull away from Noah and then immediately touch my lips, not knowing what the hell I just did. Noah opens his eyes and looks at me surprised as well. I pace back and forth again thinking about why I just kissed him.

"What was that for?" Noah asked me. I look back up at him with my eyes open wide.

"I don't know." I say truthfully.

He looks at me and then gives me a smoldering look, making butterflies and birds and the whole damn zoo in my stomach flutter like crazy. "Did you regret it?" He askes with a soft voice, waiting for me to answer. He had a look in eyes that made me want to kiss him again.

"No." I say and immediately ran away from him not wanting to see his reaction, afraid the second I do see it I may end up kissing him again and allowing my walls to fall down again.

I almost slip on my dress and pull it up so I don't trip and embarrass myself. I hear footsteps behind me and speed up, running out the party and towards my car where my driver was already seated. "Please take me to my hotel."

The car starts moving and I see from the mirror Noah running towards my direction yelling out my name. He tries to catch up but slows down, knowing he cannot outrun the car and was out of breathe. I look at his heartbroken expression and I felt my heart shatter to pieces. I touch my lips wanting to stop the car and run back to him. I look away from the mirror as he gets smaller and smaller. My lips quiver and my chest hurts, placing a hand to my heart for the pain I was causing us. I tried to stay strong for a long time but now I let myself to cry one last time.

********

Three days later

I pull my red coat closer to because of the cold winds in New york, even if it was turning summer in a few weeks it still felt cold during the night. I enter the café and take a seat next to the window, looking at the passing cars heading to their destinations, where as for me I no longer had a destination. I cried my heart out in my hotel room the past three days and here I was in a vacant 24 hour café, empty and hurt at the same time. Soft jazz music plays in the background and I think of what has happened the past few days.

I hear someone walking inside the café, a little confused to who would be here this late. I look up to see a familiar some one. It was Alexander. He wearing jeans and a black sweater. I catch his eye and he smiles but it wasn't reaching his eyes. He had red eyes and messed up hair in contrast to his combed up hair he had a few days ago.

"Hey. Congrats on finally getting together with Noah. I saw you two in the garden...uh...you know..."He says a little awkwardly.

I give him a bitter smile and look out the window, "We didn't get back together, I ran away after breaking his heart." I remove my gaze from the window and at Alexander to see he was about to order a drink but he stopped when he heard what I said to him. He turned around and met my eyes with shock.

"I don't really know him but we did talk during the party, he seemed like a nice guy. I saw you two dancing, he looked at you like you were the only girl in the room." Alex says to me.

"At the beginning of the year I vowed to myself to not fall for his tricks and lies to get even with him. It was working out till he got a girlfriend the prettiest and sweetest girl I know. We all hung out for some time and before I know it, I was falling all over again." I say to him, not really commenting on what he said.