Chapter 24: A Bad Liar

Chapter 24

(Sophia's pov)

"What?" I said, allowing his words to transfer into my head.

"You know forget it" Noah said flustered. He started looking anywhere but at me.

I allow the words transfer and look at him confused. Why does he even care if I do or do not have feelings for Lucus? Doesn't he have a girlfriend?

"No or at least i think not, .... why does it even matter it isn't even any of your business!" I say suddenly.

He gets startled at my outburst and puts his hands up defensively.

"Forget I asked" he said.

I shake my head at him and start to make my way to the parking lot. I look through my purse to take out my car keys and look for my car. I make my way to the car door when suddenly I hear someone called out to me.

"Excuse me?" I turn atound and see a girl about my age holding a paper. Her hair covers her face and she uses the back of her hand to push away her hair.

"Yes?" I say.

The girl looks at me carefully, as if trying to recognize me.

"You dropped this" she says handing me my shopping list.

' She looks familiar ' I think to myself.

"Ivy?" I say unsurely, eying her features.

Her face brightens and grins widely at me. And envelopes me into a big bear hug.

"Sophia it's been so long, you changed so much since I last saw you, you look hot!" She say enthusiasticly.

I laugh at her words and look at her fondly.

"It's been so long since I saw you, Sophia the last time I saw you was last summer in the Hamptons!" She says.

Tring!

"Hello?" I say answering the call.

"Sophia, where are you! Our flight is tonight and I see you still haven't packed!" Mom yells at me over the phone.

"Mom calm down, I just got out of the mall heading back in 10 minutes" I say trying to calm her down.

"Come back fast!" She says.

"Ok mom bye"

I hang up the phone and smile sheepishly at Ivy.

"Sorry about that, its just mom is angry I still haven't packed for our flight" I say to Ivy.

She puts her phone back into her pocket and looks back at me.

"I have a flight tonight to Paris, where you going" she says.

I smile at her, nothing is better than meeting old friends.

********

I look through the shades on my car window and wonder off into my thoughts.