Chapter Seven - The Placement Exam

The amazing banner above is made by @micahthewriter!

_____________________

The next morning I found myself being woken up by a knock on the door. I had crashed pretty early from both stress about the test and exhaustion from the trip over. I groggily wiped the sleep from my eyes and slumped over to the door where I found Cole behind it.

"Cute," Cole commented on my sleepy appearance. "It's time to go get ready now."

I yawned and rubbed at my eyes some more. "Now?"

Cole nodded once. "Yes, now so come on."

"Let me get dressed first--"

He grabbed my arm and began dragging me through the hall. "No one's up yet and you need to get ready."

I took my arm back and I began waking up more to actually support and walk myself. I followed Cole through and out the dorms to the outside where I was greeted with a blaring sunrise and surprisingly warm weather.

"We're going to the arena," he said. "But first you need to get dressed in your proper attire in the locker room."

I barely remember Cole pointing out the arena but it was pretty far through the trees so we didn't actually get up close. This time, we actually headed there and I found myself face to face with a dome, net covered arena in the ground with bleachers lining around it. I felt like I was in some gladiatorial era.

He didn't bring me in the ring, but rather down some stairs to a nicely lit hallway. He opened up a closet and looked me up and down. "Extra-small?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"Shirt and shorts."

"Medium and small," I mumbled as he tossed me some purple workout gear and white shoes that he had correctly guess the size. I looked up at him in surprise and he shrugged.

"Shoe size was in your information they gave me before I picked you up. Shirt and shorts? Never got. Kind of weird because I got a lot of other sizes."

I nodded, kinda feeling self-conscious that he knew all this information about me. What else could he know? My feelings should have shown on my face because a smirk rested on his lips.

"What other sizes?" I asked, suddenly turning nervous.

"A little of this, a little of that," he snickered.

"Even..."

"First thing I looked up," he winked and I felt myself turning bright red as I self-consciously crossed my arms over my chest.

I didn't say anything else and took the clothes to change in the locker room while Cole stayed in the front. They were both a light purple and comfortable enough to go on a ten mile hike in. Judging by the warmth of early this morning, we were due for a hot day so the clothes were lightweight enough to not cause any unneeded heat.

I stepped back out to the lobby area and Cole nodded in approval. "You'll start your placement test in around twenty minutes. I recommend warming up, stretching your brain, or whatever else you Minds like to do."

"I know about as much as you do about this," I muttered but decided to sit down and start brainstorming what I should be expecting. I wasn't given much information about this and was left in the dark about it all. The only thing I really got was not to worry too much about it.