Chapter Twenty - The Hotel

It didn't take long for me to throw some clothes and toiletries into a bag before Cole and I rushed out. We took the same car as before and I got flashbacks to when I was the one leaving my home to come here. The rushing, shock, and the fear of what is to happen was all too familiar.

Other Supernaturals watched us leave, some confused and wanting to know why we were given access to the cars. The rest probably knew what we were doing and didn't want to bother us. We drove down the long trek to the gate before beginning the drive through the woods. I was fearful last time we drove through here and I found myself in the same situation as before. However, I was scared for different reasons: The girl with already very strong powers, Catchers who could potentially find us while we were out, and anything else that could happen. Catchers sometimes hide out around here, never daring to enter the campus due to the security that roamed the outskirts. We could be ambushed anytime, but by the time we reached the freeways with no incidents, we relaxed.

"You know," Cole started. "I've never gone on one of these missions with another person before but I'm glad you're my first," he winked, making me roll his eyes at him.

"Promise that you don't nearly kill us this time?"

He laughed. "Why not, Blondie? That makes it more exciting."

I groaned and slumped down in my seat, watching his swerve around cars that were going too slow for his liking. We drove for a few hours, stopped to get some food pretty quickly, and continued forward.

We didn't talk much but unlike the time I was brought to SA, the silence was comfortable. I didn't feel as if I had to fill the silence or anything like that. It was a nice car ride, despite the waves of nausea that Cole's driving would bring me.

We finally had to stop at a hotel for the night, as we needed to be well rested in order to take this girl on. Just as before, I waited in the car while Cole made the reservation for us. It didn't take long for him to come strolling back over, a big smile on his face, while he opened my door with a swooping gesture.

"What are you so happy about?"

"Oh, nothing, missus Trainor," he winked while grabbing our bags from the back. "Our honeymoon suite is waiting for us."

My eyes widened. "You didn't."

His smirk told me otherwise. "Oh, I did. I'm quite surprised a place like this even has one of those rooms." He held out his hand for me to take but I only slapped it away. "Get ready for a night of love, Shorty."

I followed Cole up to the top floor of the hotel. When we reached the door at the very end of the floor, he whisked out a card and swiped it, letting the door unlock and open to reveal a very large, singular bed. Red rose petals were swept across the comforter, making a very floral smell fill the air. When stepping further into the room, I noticed that a bathtub was in the main room for all eyes to see.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned and Cole looked at me with a bright smile.

"Not at all. Only the best for my wife."

He put the bags on the ground and sprung himself onto the bed, making the flowers fly everywhere. He turned onto his back and leaned against the headboard, holding his arms out as if he wanted a hug.

"Want to join?" He asked with a singular eyebrow raised.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I shook my head. "No," I huffed out and he laughed.

"That's fine, but you might as well relax and take bath over there," he nodded to the bathtub.

I turned red and took a spot on the small chair next to a television. He looked at me expectantly while I glared back. Finally, he laughed and said, "You know I'm kidding about all this, right?"