China x Japan

Chinese New Year With Hello Kitty

Requested by @otaku_potterhead

-------

Japan had this unintentional, possibly unnatural obsession. It started when he got bored of being cooped up in his house for long periods of time. Venturing out, he noticed how everything changed. There were more industrial mechanics and more Westernized sites. There are even restaurants that made their appearances. Most of all, there was a fad among the girls about this one thing: Hello Kitty.

He didn't know when, where, or how it came to be, but the large headed kitty chibi was something he could not get his eyes off. He stared at it long, forgetting about the weird looks everyone gave him. He didn't care. This was already exciting.

It must have been a few hours since he arrived, because the place was getting dark and people began to leave, but Japan was still set on watching that Hello Kitty with curiosity.

"Aiyah!" A familiar voice wafted through the air. Japan paid no heed. "So there you are! What have you been doing aru?"

There was a moment of awkward silence, but Japan still didn't move. He was still too intrigued about the Hello Kitty on display. The other voice gasped.

"So, that's what you were looking at! Aiyah! I should get it for you aru!"

A small gasp was heard from the Japanese man as the Chinese one went and purchased the big thing. When he got back, he handed the big fluffy kitty to Japan.

"Happy Chinese New Year, aru!" Japan smiled and hugged the plushy thing tight. They hung out and had fun with the toy.

Japan was happy to have gone out now.

A/N: This was too short, because I didn't know how to do it. *shrug* I don't do well with canon / non-canon / crack shippings. So... yeah, anyway enjoy!