America x Reader

America x Reader

If only I was a hero to you

________

Your POV

Tears; tears everywhere, the mourning and sorrows that fills the air sends chills down your back. You tried your best to keep your face as stoic as possible, but you knew inside you were literally dying.

There was no other way how you could describe the hurt and torment you feel at that moment, and all you ever want is things to be back to where they originally were, where everything is happy-go-lucky.

Unfortunately, life can't always be like that, and that's what you hate most. You want everything to be perfect, you want it all to be a nightmare, where you can wake up in someone's arms. No- not someone's, a special someone, one whom you love most, with all your heart.

Alfred F. Jones.

Another few tears fell down your face at the thought of him. Arthur came to you and hugged you comfortingly, knowing you took this harder than anyone else; and it is true. He was your lover, your everything.

You guys even planned a honeymoon a couple months after you guys got married because of your baby. Now that everything is altered, you won't be able to be going anywhere special.

"I'm sorry, ____.. I truly am.." Arthur spoke as he rubs circles on your back. You let out a silent sob before looking in front again.

There lies a casket, and inside the casket, there lies someone whom she would miss until the day she dies. His name is Alfred.

Your husband.

He died, and you couldn't help it- no. You could've, but you didn't.

'His death was my own fault,' you thought. If only you were there to stop him, to protect him, to be held again in his arms, whispering 'I love you's to each other.

Now those moments will never be real again, only slight memories. How cruel can the world be with much being given to you, yet they deal with dire consequences such as death. Where death appears, so does sorrows, regrets, and accusation to one's self.

After everyone left, it was only you. Your child is with Arthur, and it took some time for you to persuade him that you'll be fine.

You kneeled down in front of his grave, crying your whole heart out.

"THIS ISN'T FAIR!!" You scream, hitting the ground in the process.

"Y-you.. were supposed... t-to st-stay-stay with me!!" More and more tears fell down like a waterfall, dripping down to the ground. Your eyes are red and puffy.

"If-if only.. i-if.. only.. I were th-there-there t-to sa-s-save you.." You raise your hand towards the gravestone and gently grazed your hand against it. Another soft sob escape your lungs as the memories come through to you quickly, remembering every moment you had with him.

"I never left." A voice is heard. This caused you to stop crying and look around.

"Wh-who a-are y-you-you?" You ask, trembling slightly. The voice only chuckle, and you recognize that particular chuckle.

"A-Alfred?" You got up and cleaned your messy self.

"Where are you?" You became so desperate now that you heard his voice. You so want for him to hold you and tell you that everything is fine, but that didn't happen. His response is something you couldn't completely adhere because of your stubbornness.

"I am in your heart, ____. You'll always remember me. Don't forget me, okay? Otherwise, you won't be gettin' burgers from me the next time we meet." He let out a joking laughter, which made you smile. However, that smile faltered, realizing what he originally said.

"But... I want to be with you.. Physically.." A new set of tears fell down your face, not liking this at all.

"I may not be there physically, but I'm here both mentally, and spiritually. Just believe okay?" You nod hesitantly, wondering if you should trust him again like this.

"It's alright, I'll be watching over you and our child. But for now, be strong."

"I'm sorry, Alfred.." You began, knowing he would leave you again. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most. I'm sorry I was useless. I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry I wasn't your hero..."

"You are my hero. You have a child, you took this harder than anyone else, yet you stayed strong in front of them. A hero isn't afraid to do things for the ones they love."

"I know.." was your silent reply, although, he heard it.

"I love you, ____"

"I love you, too, Alfred.." You smile slightly as the weight of an extremely heavy burden has left you. You knew now that he would still be with you, but only on a whole different level.

Life can play a game of manipulation and deception, but beyond those are the most beautiful of all.

______

OKAY I DONE •3• LOOK!! I wrote this all today xD I have no life.

Ahahaha~....

I'ma go watch Black Butler now 030

YOU KNOW THE DRILL!! :D