Russia x Reader

My Sunflower

Requested by Lynn_Loravile

-------------------------------------

The sun had set high in the sky. The weather was nice, warm and cozy. It was a good contrast to the horrid winter that broke through. You looked up into the cloudless sky.

The heat was a nice change, and it was something you had wanted after a long winter. It was nice, actually, especially since there is someone beside you. Smiling, you turned to your right to see the man himself, looking out at the sun. He turned to you and copied your smile. He held out a flower to you. Blushing, your hand gently grabbed it, brushing his fingers with yours.

You brought the flower, which you recognized as a sunflower, to your face and inhaled the scent of it. Sadly, you were a bit allergic to the flower, and that caused you to sneeze. It wasn't bad, the most you get from it was sneezing. You were lucky.

The both of you just sat there in a comfortable silence. It was something delightful to have just the silence between you two, just enjoying the company, watching the sun rise and the clouds move.

After some time, the man beside you shifted a bit. You turned to see the man you love staring right at you, a smile gracing his face but his eyes held the seriousness. He gently grabbed your hands and looked deeply into your eyes.

"(Y/N)," he began slowly, his Russian accent thickly rolling off his tongue, "we have known each other for a very long time, and I find it a bit difficult to find my words, so I would like to ask this.." He got up and gently tugged at you. You got up, standing only inches away from you.

"What is it, Ivan?" You began, meekly.

"I love you, (Y/N)" A blush crept to your face and you forced yourself from pouncing him with a hug. "I have for a very long time." He got down on one knee. "I cannot think of being alone without you." He took out a small velvet box from his pocket and opened it to reveal a beautiful ring with a sunflower design for the gem. You gasped. "Would you like to grow old with me, have a family, be with me forever? Will you marry me?"

You breathed out, heavily. Tears began to prick at your eyes. You nodded furiously, tackling the big Russian in a hug.

"Yes.." He sighed in relief and held you.

"You are my sunflower." He sighed out, smiling.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I apologize for the shortness of this one-shot. I'm basically being ruined by Hamilton right now..