Spain X Austria

Title:

                     You Are You

Requested by: RussiaSunflower

It was supposed to be a peaceful day. A day that was supposed to end well. That was not possible, however, because with every good thing, there is something that will get it to go down in history, literally.

It was not anyone's fault that Austria had started the Second World War, seriously. He was just as shocked as anyone, and yet, he was sort of blamed for it. His German ascent does not help his situation, either. After the war, he was away in his own place, isolated from everyone. He could not face them after what had happened.

"Austria, please come out." The pleading cry from his boss rang from the other side of the door. Austria, himself, could not bring himself out of the bed. The heavy burden of the war that broke out years ago never left him, and it will continue to carry him for the rest of his life until he disappears, which is highly unlikely.

"Go away." His voice, stern and broken. There was nothing that his boss could do, other than leave him alone. Sighing, he went away, but to do something different. He got to his office and dialed some numbers on the phone. The line rang several times before someone actually answered.

"Hello? Yes, I would like for you to come over as quickly as you can. This is urgent. Oh? Thank you so very much! I am sure he would enjoy the company of another country who does not blame him for the event that happened years ago." There was a slight pause and a yell on the other side of the line, then the line went dead.

"Hmm, well, he will be here soon." He smiled and went about to his duties.

Not even an hour later, someone was at the door. Austria's boss opened the door, and on the other side was an olive-skinned man. He wore the brightest smile on his face. His emerald eyes watching the boss.

"Oh, please, come in." The representative of Spain happily walked in, eyeing the house. Austria's boss pointed up the stairs. "He is up there, if you are ever wondering. Please, make yourself at home." And with that, Austria's boss went away to work at whatever he was doing.

Spain looked up the stairs and back at the entrance of which he came from. Surely, he could not be in this much depression that he locked himself away from the world.

When he got to the room, he reluctantly knocked on the door, softly. There was a soft groan from the other side of the room. He knocked again, and there were shuffling noises. One more time, Spain knocked on the door and it opened, revealing a very distressed Austria. Out of nowhere, Spain engulfed him in a hug. This took Austria by surprise that he pushed him off.

"Vhat zhe hell were you doing?" He screeched, looking at the Spaniard with flustered cheeks. Spain chuckled and smiled.

"Mi hombre, you were down so I came to cheer you up. You don't like it?" His green eyes were glowing in some sort of emotion, but Austria could not read it properly. He only sighed and gave a small smile.

"No, no, I liked it, but it vas just sudden." He sighed and looked away. "Ich just can't get zhis guilt to go away from me." Spain saw the pain and the sorrow in his eyes and engulfed him in another hug.

"No, no, mi amor, it's todos buenos, all good." Austria let the tears fall on the Spaniards shirt, who in turn, rubbed the back of the other male's back. "You are you, and there is nothing wrong with that. Tu eres mi amor. And nothing can change that. If those bastards were to hurt you anymore, I would personally beat their ass." Austria chuckled.

"Jou hang out vith Romano vay too much." Spain chuckled, and held him tighter.

---------

So, I updated this again. I might have enough time to work on another one-shot. XD being at this college is really cool, and free wifi!! Plus, no one is really nosy on what you're doing, so that is always good for me, I guess. Heh. I do need to work on my Avengers fanfic, and another one that my best friend got me to write. ._. Oh, well. Tell me how you liked this! ^w^