Norway x Reader

I'm Home

Requested by Lynn_Loravile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness; it obscures my vision as another dreamless night consumes my head. There was barely anything warm to cover me. This continued until I could not take the lonely dark in the abyss of my negative emotions. The sight that greeted me was bland and dull. The atrocity of my bedroom caused more heaviness to fill me.

It has been years I told myself, but no matter how many times that simple phrase repeats itself in my mind, there was always that deep sorrow in my heart that will mourn for the one I held dear to. This was arbitrary. It seemed as if my world was repeating itself everyday, because nothing new had happened since my loss.

My face fell in another shadow of doubt and confusion. Life has been awfully malevolent lately. Four years; four hard years had passed since the coming of the war, and there was still nothing I can do to know whether or not the one I have been waiting for has made it safely.

The only thing I know about him is that he was missing. That gave me only a sliver of hope, but a lifetime of panic. What if he was dead? What if he was tortured and would never return to be happy again?

What if he found someone else to love?

Since he left, I was stricken with severe depression. I wanted to kill myself, wanted to do anything to rid the pain and loneliness that tore me around and apart. Instead, I went to drinking and the drugs. That always put away my sorrow for the coming days. However, that did not work out too well. One night I was drunk, and this random guy had asked me to come with him that night.

It was the most horrible night I have ever encountered.

There was nothing but sex. It was not even about love, just the lust for the bodies and the feeling. I felt horrible after that, especially finding out about being pregnant. It tore my family apart because of my actions. There was only one thing to do in that situation for me.

Abortion.

I did not want the child, nor did anyone in my family was able to take it in, but the most concerning was the love of my life and how he would find out that I had cheated on him and got myself impregnated by another man whom I have just met at a local pub.

It was after the operation that I felt somewhat relieved. My evidences were cleared and there was something that made me have hope again. I only anticipated that everything was going to be okay after that. To my utter disappointment, I had found out that my love was missing in action.

Everything fell apart again after that.

My parents did not want anything to do with me because of that, and all my friends had abandoned me. People around me began to hate me in a torturous slowness that felt like being stabbed very slowly. I felt like everything was not going around the way I wanted it to be.

Life slowed down dramatically after that. The minute's drug into hours, and hour's drug into days, then months, and years. It was horrible.

Four years did I have to wait for him; I was anxious to want to see him again. Nothing was going correctly for me and there was nothing I can do about that. Actually, there may be one thing I could do.

But I won't resort to that.

Lying on my bed, I waited for life to catch up to me. The skies were gray and my life was black and white. I closed my eyes, shutting out the light that descends through my windows and onto my face. I was in a state of numbness, there was nothing I felt and a deep heaviness filled me again. My thoughts invaded my mind.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock at the door. Thinking it was my imagination, I stayed in bed, that was, until I heard another round of someone banging wood. Groaning, I got up and my feet made their way to the front of the door. Absent mindedly, my hands gently made contact with the brass doorknob, twisting it with a creaking noise. In a slow manner, the door was opened and my eyes looked up to see the familiar unemotional ones. My own eyes widened at the figure in front of me. He looked worse than I, his clothes tousled and ripped, his hair stricken with dirt, and his skin filled with cuts and bruises.

Everything inside me faded and I tackled him into the embrace of my arms, tears pricking at the corner of my eyes. Sobs soon followed as my walls began to break. I had never felt so happy.

He did not break the hug, instead, he just engulfed my frail body in his own arms. He whispered sweet nothings in my ear, caressing my body with his calloused hands. Soon after, that stopped as well as my sobs so that I could look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was not here." He said. His voice did not hold any emotions, but looking into those deep irises, there were so many of them swirling into a whirl of a hurricane.

"I missed you." I whispered back. He gave me a look of pity. I was the only person he showed any emotion to, and I felt special to know that he was showing concern. However, my actions could never be hidden from him, and I almost dread telling him.

"You've had it rough here." It was obvious, but it was more than that. "I heard from your parents." It was at that moment that I felt so tense that I thought I was going to explode from holding it in.

"I'm so sorry!" I wailed. "I-If you do-don't love me anymore..." I trailed off, but to my surprise, he engulfed me in another soft, warm embrace.

"I forgive you for your actions, but next time, only I will be able to fill in that emptiness you crave for." He tilted my chin so that I was looking at him. He lowered his head so that he was kissing me in the most passionate yet softest kiss that I have ever had.

This is what peace felt like.

This is what it's like to have everything again.

This is what it's like to be happy again.

-------------------------

So, I finally updated after about almost 2 weeks.

 I hope you guys are having a good day!

If you're not having a good day, it's okay, because you're beautiful and wonderful and fabulous. There is nothing that is going to stop you from being you. <3

I LOVE YOU