Chapter-12

Chapter-12-"You said you will not kiss me, so I kissed you"

Pauline June's POV

Nick was right about Trent. It has been an hour and half now since we are sitting in the meeting room. There are at least ten people in the room. Trent is sitting in front of me and Nick is sitting beside me with his hand on my thigh. I just sat there as a person is explaining about the textile company that Nick is going to buy.

It's so boring. To top it, this Trent is giving me lustful looks every now and then. He even kissed my knuckles creepily when Nick introduced me to him while flashing me his stupid smile. I rolled my eyes at him and turned to Nick who has a clenched jaw. Nick had almost jumped on him when he kissed my knuckles, but I stopped him while holding his hand.

I let out a big sigh and waited till the meeting is over.

"So, that's it gentlemen. I hope you like our company Mr. Witmore", the man who was explaining before, Mason, said.

"I like it. But I want to change some things. However I will do it after I buy it. I will sign the bond once I read and see if I want to change anything", Nick said standing up and putting the button of his black coat in the middle.

"Thank you Mr. Witmore", he said and they shook hands. All the other men gave a small smile to Nick before leaving. At last came Trent. He kept looking at me from top to bottom. I felt uncomfortable and moved to Nick's side a little.

"You got a really beautiful girlfriend here Nicolas", Trent said still looking at me.

"Trent you better get out of here before I throw you out!", Nick said through gritted teeth. I can see how much he is controlling his anger. His eyes are almost red. Before Trent can say anything Nick grabbed my arm and pulled me out along with him. He kept walking fast and I tried to walk fast along with him.

"Nick, slowly please", I pleaded and he turned to look at me. His eyes softened.

"I am sorry. I just... I got angry when he was looking at you that way! I want to go there an kill him, right now!", he hissed angrily. I put my hand on his arm and rubbed it.

"It's okay. Just leave it", I said trying to comfort him while walking to him cabin.

"How can I? That bastard!", he said and pulled me to him once we are inside his cabin. His hands are around my waist and he held me in a tight grip.

"Nick. Stop it. Enough", I scolded him like he is a child. But he is behaving like that.

"But he-".

"Shh. Enough".

"Only if you kiss me", he said with a smirk.

"No". I tired getting out of his arms.

"Okay then", he said and before I can ask, his lips are on mine. My eyes widen in shock and I tried to pull away. He wouldn't move. I finally push him, but his hands are still around me, holding me in place.

"Nick! What is that?!".

"You said, you will not kiss me, so I kissed you", he explained like it's no big deal while shrugging his shoulder.

I opened my mouth to say something, but qucikly shut it while glaring at him. Whatever I say, he will however have some cocky reply back. It's better if I shut my mouth. Just in time my phine rang. I pulled it out and saw the reminder. It's already five thirty. I should go to dad by six.

"What is it?", Nick asked while looking at my phone.

"Just a reminder".

"For what?".