Chapter-23

Chapter-23-"You are wearing my shirt"

Pauline June's POV

We both came out of the car as he parked it in the cellar. I can't stop the smile on my face. We walked into the lift holding hands. He pressed the button to his floor.

"Are you okay?", I heard him ask.

"Yes. Why?". I got confused as to why he would ask me that.

"Nothing. It's just that.... you are smiling and holding my hand. Not that I don't like it. I love it. But is this some kind of prank?", he asked looking at me with amusement.

"No. It's not", I replied shyly, blushing for what I don't know.

"Now you are blushing", he said smirking.

"I said I have something to tell you right?".

"Yes and this behavior is related to that something?".

"Yes", I admitted.

"Then that something must be very good", he said smiling too. The lift stopped and the doors opened with a ding. We both walked inside his house and he walked me straight into his room. I started feeling nervous about talking the things out with him.

Come on Pauline! You can do this! Everything will be over. All the distances between us will vanish and we can finally be together.

"Go and change into something comfortable. I will change too and then we can talk", he said cupping my cheek before walking into closet. I walked in along with him and took out one of his white work shirts without him looking and put it behind me. He was busy removing his shirt. I walked out of the closet and went into the bathroom.

I removed the jewellery and the dress that I wore and wore his shirt. I buttoned it up and took a look at myself in the mirror. For some reason I can't stop smiling, knowing that tonight we will finally be together. I love you Nick. I thought and then there is a knock on the bathroom door.

"Baby girl, are you done? Come out. Or are you scared since you lost the bet. Don't worry, once again, I am not going to make you do anything sexual", he informed while teasing me. I bit my lip smiling as a blush crept on my face thinking about us getting intimate.

"Coming", I said and went to open the door.

"You better open the-", he stopped what he was saying in the middle when he saw me. He looked at me in shock. He is wearing a black track pant and a white V-neck shirt and looking hot like always.

"What?", I asked, even though I fully know what it is that shocked him. I stepped out of the bathroom, walking to the mirror in the room.

"You are wearing my shirt", he commented with confusion as he walked to me. I took a hair brush from the dressing table to comb my hair.

"Yeah. You don't like it. I hope you don't mind. I mean you are the one who told to change into something comfortable. I can change into my clothes if you don't want me wearing your clothes", I said casually like it's no big deal for me.

"No! You can wear them. In fact you should start wearing them. It feels so nice to see you in them", he said while wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and kissing my head.

I giggled. It feels so good to be in his arms like this, without having any doubt, but only pure love in my heart. Suddenly his eyes widened and he removed his arms to turn me around to face him.

"Wait a minute! You wore my shirt without me ordering you to, you are not pushing me away when I hug you and most of all you are smiling instead of having that angry or irritated expression on your face. Something is definitely wrong. Are you doing this all to stop me making you do the one thing that I can as you lost in the bet?", he asked. I laughed.