Joo-Doh

Chapter 2

After knowing the shocking news from Min-soo, I immediately left the manor with my horse Yue, wearing a black hood that hid my face and hair.

I admit that I'm quite desperate to meet Soo-won but it doesn't mean that I'm not scared.

The truth is, my heart is beating too much from the anticipation of meeting him.

"Yue, go a little bit faster." I told my silver-haired friend and as if he understood it, he galloped even faster through the forest.

Because of Yue's speed, I was able to reach my destination in no time.

"State your business or leave." Two guards stopped me from going inside the castle gates. They're tone was demanding that it pissed me off.

As I thought, security is tight here now that the ruler has changed.

Good thing they don't seem to know me or else they'll know that I'm one of King Il's subordinates.

"You don't know me? How rude." My voice was laced with fake disappointment.

They were both taken a back by what I said but only the other guard apologized. The other was still staring suspiciously at me.

"We apologize if that seemed rude but could you take your hood off or state your name so we may know your identity?" He changed his tone, this time it was business-like.

Looks like my plan worked. Now all I have to do is wait for-

"What do you think you're doing?"

Oh here he is.

"S-sir!" The guard turned around and found Joo-doh, (my super awesome brother) glaring at him.

"Let her enter." Those magical 3 words caused the guards to stiffen and quickly open the gates.

I smirked behind my hood.

"You stupid brat!"

"Ouch..." I glared at him, hands on my stinging forehead.

He suddenly flicked them when we were out of the guard's sight.

"Are you trying to make yourself killed?" He hissed.

"But I wanted to see my fiancee!... and you~" I winked at him but he shrugged it away.

"So, what are you planning to do. I bet you already know what happened here." He looked away after that last sentence.

There was a pause because a maid passed and bowed to us before scurrying away.

"Well I do know.. a bit. And you, what are you planning to do?" I threw back his question which made him clear his throat.

"That is up to me." He shortly answered.

We were walking right beside each other so it was easy for me to hug his arm.

"How stingy brother." I complained.

"Let go of me! And don't call me brother."

He said that but he did not even exert any effort in pushing me away.

"You were the first one to call yourself my brother so bear with it until you die." I laughed teasingly at him.

He grimaced at (I think) one of his unforgettable memories and quickened his pace, leaving me behind.

Uh-oh.

"Hey, wait up!"

HE.TOTALLY.LEFT.ME.ALONE.INSIDE.THE.CASTLE!