Fang

Chapter 24♔

"Ji-Ahn!" Jae-ha's face was filled with worry.

I don't know but it pained me seeing him look so anxious.

It wasn't just him though. I realized that everyone had the same expression.

Oh no. I shouldn't do this. I need to hold back a little longer.

"What's with that look? I'm okay." I managed to smile perfectly without any hint of pain.

We just defeated Kum-ji, collapsing now would only spoil our victory.

I shot Jae-ha a meaningful look.

"Okay everyone! Let's celebrate~"

And that was enough to catch their attention. I internally sighed in relief.

"Wait, let's tend to the injured first." Yoon interrupted and I paled.

"Jae-ha, your shoulder is bleeding, take off your top I'll treat it for you."

I mentally panicked. If they found out, I might suffer even more.

"This isn't my blood, no need to worry~" Jae-ha replied, raising his hands in refusal.

When I turned to him, our eyes met and as if it wasn't enough to confuse me, he winked.

What's his problem? Winking at me as if he's done something to be praised over.

I mean, we had the Deal Kiss, so of course he'll keep his promise.

Although I persuaded myself that, I still couldn't calm down. Feeling disappointed of how I can't understand my own emotions, I sneakily escaped the ship.

♥♡♥

Yue neighed loudly, gently tapping my writhing form with his mouth.

"I-im..." I groaned preparing for another stinging pain.

But before it could come, I threw Yue a smile. "Im okay."

Throb.

And here it comes.

The excruciating pain was unbearable as I focused on my breathing. I need to at least stay conscious or else everyone would wonder about my disappearance.

I clenched my shoulder blade,cursing myself for doing something reckless.

There was no blood or any physical objects that caused it to hurt. The pain was solely my fault for using my ability.

Why did I even help him? Is it because he feels familiar? Or because he jumped to save me? Did he even think of saving me?

"Even if you knew that your ability is a double-edged sword, you still used it. I'm disappointed in you Lady Ji-Ahn." Fang suddenly appeared in front of me.

I was losing consciousness from the pain that I didn't even realize his presence.

"It's.. okay Yue.." I assured my horse who looked like he was about to attack Fang.

I sighed noticing that the pain began to wash away. However, I used up all my strength that I could barely stand.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?" Fang sighed.

When I didn't reply, he pulled on my arm and helped me up before sitting on my spot and pulling me back again to sit on his lap.

"Hey, what's this all about? I may be weak right now but-"

"Does it still hurt?"

I stayed still, looking at his glowing, red eyes to confirm if he's just doing it for fun.