Home

Chapter 12

I stared at the mirror for where my back could be seen.

There is indeed a pair of wings now.

Although I'm not quite sure as to how that happend. I mean, does a birthmark evolve or something?

Anyways, I need to start planning out my next moves.

I changed into comfortable clothes and sat down on the bed, carefully thinking.

Should I go after the princess and Hak? Or should I stay here and act as a diversion while they escape?

The first sounded more like me though. The latter, would only cause more troubles for me. Even if it sounds safer than the other plans.

I'll only fall in love with Soo-won more than before and I don't want that. I know he likes Yona and I'm already stupid enough to only realize and accept that now.

I sighed and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"What should I do?"

"Then why don't you start your own journey?"

I bolted upright and searched for the source of the sound.

The door leading to my own personal garden was open and the wind blew inside the room signalling that someone or something was indeed there.

Or... it could be just in my head.

I shrugged.

Well, whatever.

A smile formed on my lips as I pulled out my hood.

I'll do exactly what it says.

To start my own adventure.

-/-

"Tell Soo-won I'll be going home now and that he won't see me for awhile."

My brother, Joo-doh, only frowned, his brows creased.

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

Thought so.

"I can't." My face began to heat up.

Yeah, why can't I?

Joo-doh must have noticed this and patted me on the head.

"I don't know what runs in that little spoiled head of yours but if you want to say something, say it. This isn't like you at all."

His words suprised me. I looked up to him and grinned like an idiot.

"Sure thing brother."

"Ughh, what's with that stupid look on your face!?"

I ignored his rants and clung to his shoulder.

I never thought this idiot's words would strike me so hard in the face.

"Thanks brother but.. I guess I'm fine with not telling Soo-won."

"Tell me what?"

We both froze.

Oh dear. I threw Joo-doh a pleading look but he immediately averted his gaze away from me.

Dang, he knew he couldn't say no to me if he were to look in my eyes.

"Uhh, that is..that was nothing." I stuttered and smiled, assuring him.

Instinctively, I grabbed Joo-doh's sleeves but he suddenly stood up and bowed.

"I'll take my leave, Lord Soo-won, Lady Ji-Ahn."

And with that, he left.

Whaaaaaaaat? He ditched me!