The Search

Chapter 19

"Okay! Let's go find the other dragons!"

I said that but,

"What the heck is this place?" My nose scrunched up in disgust as I saw how gloomy and wrecked the village was.

After a short explanation on the four dragons, we immediately set out to search for the third one.

Somehow, we ended up in this abandoned village.

We only just arrived when an old man stumbled his way towards us.

Yoon and Yona were the first to aid him. I stood there, watching in pity as the man spoke in hatred for the late King.

From what I've heard, it must have been tough for Yona to hear the truth on how cowardly his late father was.

"I'll be gone for a bit, don't follow me okay?" Yona forced a smile which caused a sting in my heart.

"I'll go too.."

And so I followed after her who was already crying. I couldn't give her a hug when I, myself, needs it too.

Silently and heart-breakingly, I watched and listened as she sobbed in despair.

-/-/-/-

"The wind feels nice, right Yue?" I spread my arms wide, feeling the breeze flow right past me, softly blowing my fringe.

"Oh look Princess, a woman jumping off a cliff." Hak's sarcastic comment instantly dropped my mood.

"Oh look Yue, a man who fell off a cliff." I shot back, giving him my victorious smirk.

As if I, the great wolf would be pushed back by such a low level sarcasm.

"Break it you two, we're finally here at Awa Port City so everyone should behave." Yoon lectured sounding like a real mom this time.

"Yes mother."

"Im not your mother."

"Hey is that the sea?"

Yona and the others caught our attention as they all stared at the view in awe.

"I never thought I'd come back here again." Hak brought up and I giggled.

"Right. Remember that time you almost drowned? That sure was a good time."

"Lady Ji-Ahn, please behave." Yoon fake-coughed.

Yona smiled at this, knowing that there's something that Hak couldn't do when he was a kid.

"Well Kija, can you sense the Ryokuryuu?" She asked.

"Yes but, he's moving too much. I feel like my head is spinning." Kija looked a bit pale and it wasn't much of a shock when he fainted either.

"Yoon I think we need to rest before searching the city for this Ryoryo." I suggested, petting Yue's mane.

"It's Ryokuryuu."

"Yeah ryoryo."

Hak sighed.

"You're the same as ever, you still can't pronounce correctly."

"Shut up, I like to put style in my words." I turned to Yoon. "So mother?"

"I'm not your mother. But I agree with you. We need to find a place to rest as well as stock for supplies and food."

"Then let's go to the city!" Yona and I both cheered, Kija and Shin-ah as our back-up.

"No! Absolutely not! You lot would only attract unnecessary attention!"