The Wolf Lies

Chapter 9

Overwhelmed with anger, I decided to go back to the castle and tell Soo-won what happend.

He needs to know.

Afterall, this is what he wanted.

I clenched Yona's hair in anxiety in my hand while the other was holding the reins.

Looking at it, we don't exactly have the same color. Hers was a dark shade of pink while mine is ruby red. Not like it matters anymore.

My eyes began to tear up.

"Lady Ji-Ahn, please enter the carriage!"

I heard a familiar voice instruct me but I stayed oblivious.

No wonder they wanted me to take shelter, the clouds looked heavy and it felt like the rain will fall soon enough.

His pleads was followed by a few other men saying the same thing but I ignored them.

Instead, I told Yue to go faster so that they won't pester me anymore.

"Good timing..." I mumbled as the rain heavily poured down.

"Slow down Yue, just enough so that we won't slip."

Yue neighed in approval.

With a normal speed, we arrived at the castle.

However, I did not proceed to the main gates. I used the secret passage. It's the safest place that I know that leads to the garden.

I was walking at the hallways when suddenly, I heard a gasp behind me.

"Ji-Ahn? Is that you?"

"What are you doing here?"

I turned around to find Soo-won and Joo-doh looking at me with surprised faces.

"What happend Ji-Ahn? You're wet!" He rushed towards my side while I caught Joo-doh looking at our surroundings.

I couldn't move at all.

Part of me was happy to see him while the other is slightly opposite.

I'm mad at him for ordering the soldiers to pursue Yona and Hak. I'm mad at him for smiling so innocently even if this is all his fault. I'm mad at him because he is Soo-won.

He is supposed to be our good friend.

Now that Yona and Hak are gone, I felt all my doubt burst.

My doubts of trusting Soo-won as the New King, my fiancee and my friend.

"Ji-Ahn.. please answer me." He asked, leading me to his room while Joo-doh trailed behind us.

When we reached the place, I couldn't help it anymore and I cried out, confuse and upset.

"Ehh?! What's wrong?!" He pulled me into a hug and I cried on his chest.

"They're... gone..! you killed.. them!" I said in between sobs.

Disconcerted, he made me calm down first before asking me again for what happend.

"Yona and.. Hak. They're dead.. they .. they fell on a cliff.."

I felt Soo-won stiffen from my hold. He too doesn't know what to say or do.

"Yona has Hak by her side.." Soo-won trailed off but I showed her the locks of hair as proof and his face became grim.

"I see.. from whose hands?"

"Kang Tae-Jun."

It wasn't even a second after that when there was an impatient knock on the door.