Kye-Sook

Chapter 13

"It's so noisy, Ji-Ahn, what do you think you're doing? Causing such a fuss..."

Oh dear god of blue berries, rainbows, fish, whatever, anyone present will do for now but please let it be someone else.

That voice is definitely my brothers' and this is not exactly the right time to face him.

I'm covered with mud and looked rather haggard from the fact that my previous experiences weren't that much of a happy one.

"B-brother!" I turned around trying my best to sound excited and not so suspicious.

I glanced at the two behind me and found them bowing in respect, wait no- even Min-soo?!

Well it's fine. It would be bad if he did not afterall.

"Have you been going outside lately?" My brother suddenly asked.

I flinched at this and I'm guessing the three behind me did as well.

This is bad.

"What made you think that brother?" I asked to dilly-dally.

Stupid Ji-Ahn! That's a very obvious question! You'll get caught!

His violet eyes narrowed at me and I crossed my arms, acting tough.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" I was suprised when he leaned over to the side and dismissed the three.

Before they could fully leave, he stared suspiciously at one of them and called his attention. It was Min-soo.

"Who are you?"

"I..."

"He's my attendant, well my.. other attendant."

He stared at me for a moment but I met his eyes, as if telling him I wasn't lying.

"I see. Then why don't this attendant of yours prepare us a cup of tea?"

"Yes sire, I'll get right to it." He bowed and along with the others, left.

Phew, I survived that one.

Just when I sighed, I opened my eyes only to find his fingers touching my cheek.

"You look rather tired. What have you been doing to look this worn out?"

"Ah thats.." I uncomfortably swatted his hand away. "Of course I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about."

"Is that so.."

"A-and you? How's the castle?"

A nasty smirk appeared on his face and I shivered.

"Everything's in order. Soon, with the new kings' taking over the throne, this empire will become prosperous as it should be."

"New king? What do you mean?" I acted clueless.

He turned to me.

"Lord Soo-won has become our new king."

"What happend to King Il then?"

I found his eye twitch at my curiousity.

"He's-"

"Did you kill him?" Those words slipped out of my mouth naturally.

His expression grew dark and I giggled.

"But of course that won't happen right?" I sighed pitifully. "King Il.. dying of sickness. It's such a shame."

"A cowardly king like that isn't fit to rule Kouka kingdom. King Soo-won, he's the rightful heir."

Cowardly king... is that really what they thought?

King Il, he's no coward. I remember him saving me a few times from danger. And just because he's not the type to handle weapons, everyone loved him, including me.

Saying such words, they're the most coward for stealing the throne, for killing the late king.

"How about Princess Yona? Aren't she supposed to be next in line for the throne?"

"How impudent Ji-Ahn. Princess Yona is too young to take over and that kind of spoiled girl who only knows how to complain isn't fit to rule a kingdom."

"So you're saying a murderer can?" I snapped.

He was taken a back by this but I only smiled.

"I'm sorry for the wait.."

Good thing Min-soo arrived on time. I didn't have to explain myself.

"Please enjoy the tea brother. Min-soo is rather good at making it." And with that, I stood up and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?!" He stood up, calling after me.

"I'm tired brother so I'm going to my room."

"We're not finished talking Ji-Ahn."

I stopped on my tracks, looking over my shoulders and meeting his glaring eyes.

"Yes Kye-sook, we are."

I knew I acted wrongly to be accused as suspicious but I won't let anyone badmouth those two. They are already suffering enough.

-/-

All of my brothers are jerks.

I realized it just now which makes it more annoying.

They're not my real brothers but still...

Kye-sook is my step-brother. We are not related by blood and the only person that connects me to him is my real father.

Father remarried for my sake.

I was 4 years old then when it happened.

"Ji-Ahn, this will be your new home and family." My father who looked too young for his age placed his hands on my shoulders assuring me that everything will be fine.

I clutched on the hem of my dress and curtly bowed at the lady.

"Nice chu mweet you. I'm- kyaaa!"

I immediately hid behind my father's back seeing a boy juat randomly popped out beside my new mother.

"Her name is kyaaa?" The boy asked, amused.

"Kye-sook, don't be rude. Look at her, you scared your new sister."

"My mistake. I'm sorry." And with that, he whispered something to the lady, bowed then left.

"My, he's such a busy boy."

I didn't realize what she meant at first but time passed by and I came to notice that he never once played with me.

"Big brother, let's pway hide and sheek!" I tugged at his sleeve when I saw him walking through the hallways while holding scrolls.

My sudden presence caused him to let go of it.

"Big brother is busy. Why don't you play with the maids instead?" He sighed, picking up the papers that fell to the ground.

"I don't wanna. You're always in wour woom writing sham stuffs." I pouted.

It must have been my imagination but I heard him click his tongue. It must have been because I was bothering or annoying him.

That day, he only patted my head and smiled but since then, I've always thought that he was holding himself.

Kye-sook, he's Soo-won's adviser now. That has been his dream but advising Soo-won to kill and obtain the throne. That's absurd.

♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔

This is dedicated to Asahina_Rin for sending me a pm to update this book. It's probably troublesome to do that so thank you.

Here you go~

~Jee