The Wolf's Cry

Chapter 25

My eyes fluttered open and I was suddenly confronted with a pang of pain from the memories that flooded my mind last night. They weren't that memorable at all, but it looked like I had fun so I'll let it pass.

After settling down, I looked around and found out I was inside a tent. The place beside me is where Yona should have been but she wasn't there anymore.

It's still warm though so that means she left a minute before I woke up.

"I guess I'll go take a walk." I muttered, wanting to get rid of the slight headache.

I got out of the tent and noticed that everyone was still sound asleep. They must have drunk until morning.

I couldn't help but be amused. If Hak and Jae-ha didn't stop me, I would've ended like them.

"This town sure became peaceful huh. It doesn't even look as if we had a battle with Kum-ji." I casually talked to myself. Walking around the town like this by myself was kind of refreshing too.

It made me think about some things...like Soo-won. Is he okay? Knowing him, he's probably in an undercover inspection with Joo-doh chasing after him. The thought made me giggle.

"Lord Soo-won!"

Haha.

I can even hear his voice in my head.

I stopped on my tracks.

Oh shi-

What is he doing here?!

I cautiously hid behind a corner. I peered over and saw Joo-doh along with some men searching for something, or rather, someone.

He looked like he's doing okay. That's good.

Wait. This isn't good. If he's here then Soo-won should be nearby too. Yona wasn't in the camp so she's probably taking a walk around the town too.

Before I knew it, I was already running.

Luckily, I found her but I was too late. She had finally met him. The look of shock and disbelief on their faces was enough for me to interrupt before something bad happens.

Soo-won noticed my presence and his eyes widened.

"Ji-Ahn..."

"Soo-won..."

Silence filled the air while we stared at each other for a long time.

None of us dared to speak until Yona broke the tension that grew heavier.

"You know each other?"

Well, for starters, I am his first love. Not to mention, fiancee.

How am I supposed to say all this?

No, I can't say it.

"As much as I want to explain my relationship with him, there's a situation."

"Situation?"

"Joo-doh is coming over! Yona we need to escape!" I grabbed Yona's hand and prepared to run however, we had nowhere to run.

"Lord Soo-won!"

Our only exit was blocked by Joo-doh.

It looked like Soo-won was also panicking as he pulled on my hand. I thought he was gonna hide me.

However the next situation rendered me speechless and unable to move.

He pulled my hand so that I could let go of Yona. It wasn't me who he wanted to hide, it's Yona.