The Wolf Is Hurt

Chapter 22

It was decided that we will fight alongside with Hak and the others to defeat Kum-ji's men. Apparently, that bastard was also doing some unlawful human trafficking  that Yona and I volunteered to creep into their camp to find out which boat were the girls are being held.

Most of the guys in our group are against it but it's the only easy way to sneak in without being suspicious.

"No, it's impossible. Even with the two of you, it's still very dangerous." Yoon intercepted.

"Yes it's dangerous, but more so if we let Kum-ji and his little devious plan get away." I replied.

"That's true but.. to launch the fireworks means you'll have to carry an explosive and then go up on the deck by sneaking past the guards. If they find one of you, they'll kill you! So it's absolutely impossible!" Yoon explained in detail what we were supposed to do. It was probably to scare us though.

"There's no absolute in this world you know... even the kindest person you know.. can change."

Huh?

I looked up to see everyone was staring at me. I said something incredibly stupid. I mean, why on earth did I even say something out of the topic?

"I'm kind of dizzy, I'll be back once I get some fresh air. And oh, I'm still on with that plan so whatever happens I'll still go with Yona."

"Wait, are you okay?"

I nodded, leaving with the urge to just jump out of the boat and enter a shark's waiting jaw.

For some reason, everyone decided that Yoon would also come with us because neither of us can handle a gunpowder. It's assuring that someone who's knowledgeable about these things could come with us, knowing that we are quite inexperienced in these type of battles. Oh wait, I had experienced it once. Although, it wasn't me who sneaked in to the enemy's base, I was forced and taken in as a captive.

The memory left a horrible aftertaste in my memory and I became grim. I started to tremble at the thought that I would be held as a hostage once again. I didn't want that to happen.

"Woah, are you okay?"

His voice dispelled any negative thoughts and the anxiousness was washed away.

"I was but then you came." I jokingly said, sighing a breath of relief.

"Haha, stubborn as always." He sat beside me. There was a pause before his tone became serious. "You don't have to go tomorrow."

I shot him a look. "What?"

"I said you don't have to go tomorrow." He closed his eyes, praying that somehow I would get what he meant.

"Of course I don't want to go!"

He was shocked from my outburst. "Then?" He asked, hoping to get an agreeable answer.

"But I still want to." I gave him a thumbs up, holding back my laughter from his expression.

"God, you're impossible. And here I thought I could stop either one of you." He leaned back, looking up at the starry skies.

"You asked Yona too?"

"Not yet."

"You should go ask her then! Your love is already unrequited, don't let your persuasion go unrequited too!" I slightly pushed him away.

He reached out his hand for which I thought he would hit me for what I said but I was surprised to see he gently patted me on the head.

"Don't push yourself." He smiled. "If that memory comes up, don't hesitate to call for me."