Ik-soo

Chapter 17

After wandering aimlessly at the spot where I last saw the princess and Hak, I found a small house made of stone walls and thatched roof of straw.

It looks decent enough so I decided to ask the owner of the house if he or she would let me stay in for one night. And also ask if he or she knew about that girl who rescued those two.

The door was ajar so I cautiously entered.

"Is there someone here?" I called out warily.

Yue nudged me, causing me to lose balance. I fell flat on the wooden floor with a loud thump.

"Geez Yue! Thats dangerous!"

I dusted myself off but ended up landing on my butt this time when a scary-looking guy hovered above me.

He was covered with blood and mud. His hair covered his face which sent me screaming in suprise.

"Are you okay?" The man asked in a teary voice and I quieted down.

"Umm yes." Yue supported me up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He took a step further out of the dark and now that I have a better look of him, he doesn't look that scary.

I misjudged him.

"Are you the owner of-"

I was cut off when something horrible sounded. Like a dying whale.

My gaze landed at the sound. At his stomach...

"Are you hungry?"

"Well.. it's been a while since I last ate something edible."

What the hell have you been eating all this time then?

"Oh." I muttered in realization.

His eyes followed me rummaging in the bag and taking out something.

"Here." I handed him my last onigiri.

"You're giving it to me?"

I wanted to retort but he looks too nice.

-/-

I waited for awhile until he finished gobbling the food I gave him.

"This is so good~" He smiled, looking at me like a puppy.

"Uhh.. sorry. That's the last one." I revealed and his shoulders drooped.

"Thank you again. You are so nice giving a ragged man like me the last piece." He began to cry.

"No. It's totally fine." I sweatdropped at how he's easily moved to tears.

"May I ask my savior's name?"

I turned to Yue then back to him.

"His name is Yue."

"No. I meant yours, not your horse."

"Oh. It's Ji-Ahn. And it's Yue who brought me here so technically, he's your savior not me."

He only laughed.

"You are very interesting Lady Ji-Ahn. My name is Ik-soo."

I curtly smiled back at him.

There's this weird feeling that I've seen him before. That blonde hair...

Hmm...

Ah! He's with that strawberry blonde girl!

Just to make sure, I have to ask him.