The News

Chapter 10

"What will you do now?"

My brother asked, placing a towel around my shoulders.

I thought about his question and now that he mentioned it, I became intrigued.

I lied to them. Frankly, this is treason to my own kingdom but it's for the best so I don't really care about something important like 'honor'.

"Well... I guess I'll just go back to the mansion.." I answered him, still unsure of it especially that I knew for a fact that Princess Yona and Hak aren't dead yet.

"Hmm.. I see."

I felt Joo-doh's eyes stare at me and I became uncomfortable, knowing that he probably was observing my actions.

Silently, I rubbed my arms that I didn't notice, was freezing cold.

"Are you cold?"

As if on cue, I sneezed.

"I'm not." I replied, sarcastically and sniffed.

Darn it. Looks like I really am getting one.

Curse my stubborness for not getting into the carriage that was pleadingly offered to me.

"So hardheaded.." I heard Joo-doh mumble and left the room.

After a few minutes, he came back along with a maid.

"Prepare a warm bath and food for her."

The young girl bowed and waited for me to stand up before leading me towards where Joo-doh instructed.

"You're not going with me brother?" I teased, winking at him.

Displeased at my scandalous behavior, he flicked my forehead and I held my forehead in pain.

"I'm not interested in a little girl's body."

My eye twitched.

For me, that is a challenge I can't say no to.

Slowly, I took off the towel he gave me and prepared to strip.

"Wh-what are you doing?!" He panicked, covering his eyes.

"I thought you're not interested in a girl's body? Why are you blushing then?"

"Just go away and take a bath before you get a freakin cold and blame it on me!"

I giggled when he began lecturing me.

When I turned around, I found the maid staring at us, flustered. Her brown eyes met mine and she instantly apologized.

"Don't worry about it. Shall we go?"

♚♔♚

"Oh, this feels nice~" I stretched myself, enjoying the feeling of soaking in a hot water under the moonlight.

The silence was defeaning, and the moon was looking lonelier than before that I can't help myself but think of how Yona and Hak are probably doing right now.

Although, they're mostly trying their best to stay alive.

"Do you need anything else Lady Ji-Ahn?"

My train of thoughts was interrupted by the young girl who was carrying a towel.

"No it's fine."

Honestly, I need some lone time right now to gather my jumbled thoughts.

I kindly dismissed her and she reluctantly followed, leaving the towel on a chair.

"Finally..." I sighed.

Meanwhile...

Kan Tae-Jun was kneeling in front of the new king.

He was utterly overtaken by regret fron what he did and it clearly showed on his face.

At the same time, Soo-won remained impassive and cold, knowing that his adviser was observing his reaction from this news.

He dismissed him and left the throne room after having a pointless conversation with Kye-Sook who doubted his plans.

Besides anything else, all he could think about was Ji-Ahn's trembling form as she revealed to him what happend.

He needs to go to her no matter what.

But realizing his aggressiveness, he stopped.

He also needed to cool off somewhere.

Who knows what he might do to Lady Ji-Ahn if he, for instance, get out of control.
Ji-Ahn, afterall, already blamed him for what happend.

And there's nothing that'll stop her from doing it again.

Ji-Ahn's P.O.V

I was taking my time when suddenly, I heard shuffling voices behind me.

I thought it was just my imagination but just to be safe, I hid behind a big rock.

There was a splashing sound and it created cripples that reached where I hid.

Could it be a pervert?

I could just scream for help but what if it's not?

To make sure, I peeked over the rock and my eyes widened.

There's no one there.

Slowly, I got back on my feet and decided to go around the rock to check if there's really no one there.

However, at the corner of the rock, I almost bumped into-

What.the.heck.

"Soo-won?!"

"Ji-Ahn?!"

We both called each others name in shock.

My eyes traveled from his face to his chest.

He's really naked, isn't he?

"You're naked..." I dumbly stated and he blushed.

He refused to face me and looked towards the other side.

"Wh-why are you here?"

"The same reason why you are here too." I obviously replied.

Things got a little awkward so I also faced the other side and it became to the point where we were facing our back.

"You're still Soo-won, right?" I asked out of the blue, staring at the starry skies.

There was a pause before I heard him answer, "What makes you think that I'm not?"

Answering my question with another question. Typical Soo-won.

"No, nevermind."

This is exactly what I needed.

A silent time with the person I love, even if he loves someone else.

"Hey, Soo-won." I called out.

"Do you remember that time when I was abducted?"

I felt him move and the next thing I knew, I was engulfed in his arms.

He was hugging me from behind and my heart began to skip a beat.

"Please don't.. don't bring up that past." He hesitated but there was firmness in his voice.

"Soo-won, you're so strange. It's not as if you were connected to that incident, right?"

I asked and his hold on me tightened.

"Ji-Ahn.. please."

I smiled.

"Why are you so scared Soo-won?"

♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔♚♚♔♔

Next chapter will feature Ji-Ahn's past. It will reveal the reason on why she hates Yona and how he met Mun-deok.

~Jee