Jae-ha

Chapter 21

"What can you both do?"

My once pinkish cheeks turned pale as I realized I had no talent besides flaunting my face.

The same goes for Yona.

We were both sheltered and spoiled that we did not even think that we would one day be stripped of these things.

Yona's case is much worse than mine though. At least I have my step brothers to train me how to live in the wilderness.

I still don't have any talent. It makes me mad at how in my 16 years of existence, I have nothing to be considered as talent.

Oh! I think there's one though.

However, I stayed quiet for I don't want to leave Yona alone.

"I don't have a need for useless people in my ship. If you can't at least defend yourself against Kum-ji's men then you will just be a burden."

Ouch. That stings.

"We are indeed powerless but we still want to stay on this ship." Yona voiced out.

I nodded beside her.

"If you're so persistent, then I'll give you a chance." She told us.

"Go and bring me some Senjusou."

There were gasps around us. It's obvious that this is not some ordinary job.

"Its a herbal medicine that grows on the vanishing cape. It helps the injured heal three times faster."

Wow, such a plant exists?

Even Yoon was interested.

"Okay we'll get it." We both agreed.

And....

"Haha, that old hag sure doesn't know how to take a joke." I laughed nervously seeing the steep cliff where we would find the Senjusou.

"Okay goodluck Yona. You can do this." I joked and patted her shoulder. She looked at me with shock.

"I'm kidding!" I smiled, to ease her nervousness. "This is very dangerous so I'll give you a choice. You can stay here or come with me."

"I-I'll go! I'll go with you. This is our job." She said, filled with determination.

The princess sure is becoming mature. If only Hak could see this...

"There's a small path for you both there until you reach the small cave where the Senjusou grows. Take a handful of it and then come back, easy right?" The broccoli spoke.

"Yep super easy." I glared at him. "As if bitch. Why don't you try going after that plant then we'll follow after you." I dared him.

He showed signs of defeat and apologized.

I grabbed Yona's cold hands and dragged her with me.

"Let's get this over with."

"Okay."

-/-

It was only about 5 minutes when we realized our terrible mistake.

The wind was so strong and the sounds of waves crashing below caused my heart to beat faster.

I wasn't afraid to fall. I was afraid to die. I still have a lot of things to do with my life and I haven't even confessed to him yet.

I can't die here.

"I... don't.." Yona's sobs pulled me back to reality. She was scared stiff that we were stuck in the middle of the cliff.

I should've gone first but Yona insisted.