Interrogation

Chapter 15

"ANSWER ME JI-AHN!"

I slightly shook my head, remaining stubborn.

I may be scared but as I said, I'm not giving up yet.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He forced my chin to look at him but I shut my eyes closed.

Hell no.

"Lord Kye-sook, please stop this. You're hurting the lady." Yin tried to interrupt but he was cut off by my brother's menacing glare.

I took that opportunity to kick him and swiftly evaded his hand that aimed for my hair.

Not this time brother.

As I ran towards the door, the only thing that would guarantee my safety, my vision became blurred.

"What.."

My knees gave in under me and I slumped to the floor with a thud.

My body felt so heavy as I forced myself to stay conscious.

Yin and Min-soo rushed to my side, calling out my name and asking me what's wrong.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kye-sook's victorious smirk.

"I knew you would ran away so I prepared a little something."

My eyes turned into slits as I remembered the sweets he gave me.

"Lord Kye-sook what did you-"

"Don't worry, it's just a little sedative."

Those were the only words I heard as I welcomed the darkness.

-/-

I woke up, a hand on my head. I felt a little dizzy as if I bumped into something.

And the fact that it's too noisy outside did not help.

That's when I felt a stinging pain somewhere around my hand and my eyes searched for it only to find a purple mark.

Wait is this... a bruise?

And realization struck me.

I bolted out of bed and rushed towards the door of my room.

My mind is fuzzy but this is no time to contemplate on personal things.

I wasn't even shock to find the door lock. I tried the window to my balcony but it was locked too.

What the heck.

The buzzing noise outside stopped and I knew I had to go back to my bed and pretend to sleep.

The door creaked open and the only thing I heard and know of are the footsteps of my brother coming closer to my sleeping form.

"Looks like I put in too much drug into the sweets." I heard him say then sigh.

I felt the bed shift due to the weight of someone sitting and I realized it was him.

That did not faze me but all of a sudden, my hand was gently lifted.

"Ah.. this needs to be treated." I heard him say, stirring up confusion inside my already confused head.

Hey, hey, why is he suddenly becoming nice? This is creepy...

"You are so stubborn..." Another sigh.

Is he serious? Talking bad behind my back when he thinks I'm sleeping.

But looks like fate isn't siding with me again as I accidentally winced at the pain on my wrists.