King's Punishment

♚Chapter 30♔      

"The King has requested for you Lady Ji-Ahn." A maid entered the room I was confined in since coming back to the castle.

The moment I stepped in this dreadful place, I was immediately dumped here through my brothers' orders.

"Finally. I thought I would suffocate to death here before I could even have an audience with him." I openly complained and stood up. The maid bowed at my approaching form before leaving through the door that was locked before.

Outside the room, there were two castle guards. That is to be expected. They followed after us, closely watching my every move.

I don't know which is more insulting, the fact that they locked me up in a room or the fact that they think only two guards can stop me. I almost laughed at how pathetic their security is. There were a lot of openings I could exploit.

I could fake an illness here or hold the maid in front of me as hostage. But it's not the time to let my inner wolf go.

"We are here."

I snapped back to reality. In front of me was a tall door indicating that I am now in front of the throne room. I mentally prepared myself as the huge doors slowly swung open.

My eyes immediately met Soo-wons'. I wasn't so sure what expression I was making but I'm sure it's something that is worth my brothers' glare.

"Greetings to Your Majesty." I curtly bowed and regained my posture immediately after, as I have no intention of being too polite in their presence.

"Lady Ji-Ahn. Have you any idea on why we summoned you here?" Kye-sook began.

"Is that not to lock me up brother? Or is there still another reason coming up that I'm not aware of?"

He didn't even try to hide his contempt as he glared at me.

"How dare you speak of such nonsense in front of the King? Watch your mouth. You are a fugitive and the Kingdom's prisoner. You deserve no mercy."

"If breaking a few rules would mean this kind of punishment... I wonder what chasing a Princess and her attendant out of the castle means?"

They're lucky, I didn't spoke about King Il's death.

"Why you-"

"Lady Ji-Ahn..." Soo-won finally interjected. He warns me with a strict glance from his piercing eyes, but it soon vanished and was replaced with a smile. "Please do accept our apology for giving you such an unpleasant welcome."

"I accept."

Damn, I can never get used to this side of Soo-won.

However, meeting him again since that incident with him prioritizing Yona before me is a bit... It's unsettling.

I can't help but reminisce such an awful memory. A strum of pain hit my chest. That was probably the time where Jae-ha and I had become closer. With his silly confession, I have never felt so dumbstruck in my whole life. I wonder how many girls have fallen into his trap.

I realized I have been thinking about him and a small blush crept up to my cheeks. What the hell am I thinking at this time and in this situation?!

"-to escape, heinously accusing the King, abusing your rank by ordering the dispatched fire tribe soldiers to fall back and other unlawful deceptions. I believe these crimes deserve an appropriate punishment." Kye-sook then turned to me.

Oh wow. They even remembered even the minor details. Revenge is scary.

"I plead not guilty." was all I could say.