Kan Tae Jun

Chapter 8

"Watch out Hak!" I warned as another arrow struck our way.

He deflected the poisoned arrow and looked out for other weapons that headed in our direction.

"I'll leave the princess to you Lady Ji." He stated as we hid behind the bush. He ordered us to stay put until it's safe but Yona has another thing in mind.

We heard voices across from where we hid and realized that it belonged to Kan Tae Jun and one of his subordinate.

"Don't hurt the Princess and the Lady but do everything you can to kill Hak." He demanded and I saw Yona's eyes widened in fear.

Great hiding spot Hak. It's more like a VIP ticket to death.

She turned to me.

"Hak can manage by himself." I guaranteed her, whispering.

She looked contented by what I said, maybe because she's also thinking of it.

Hurry Hak... I thought, watching her from the corner of my eyes. She might change her mind and ran off.

If it's true that she really became strong, it will only be a matter of time before she do something about our current situation.

Flashback

"Are we there yet?" I groaned in boredom.

The three of us just kept walking and walking until we reached the end of a mountain.

Correction; it's only Hak that's walking because Yona and I were riding my horse.

"We won't get there unless you stop asking every step I make." Hak replied back, not looking at us.

I made a face and Yona laughed.

I was holding the reigns while she was hugging my waist. I was only an inch taller than her and she doesn't know how to ride a horse so I was positioned at the front.

"Admit it. You're just jealous 'cause Yona is hugging me."

He stopped on his tracks and stared back at my smirking face.

"What?" I asked when he wasn't saying anything but just shook his head and got back on his tracks.

Yona and I looked at each other and shrugged.

After a few minutes of my bored questions, we finally stopped.

We were at the edge of the mountain and there's a cliff in front of us.

"Wow, this is amazing! It's filled with nothing!" I beamed in fake excitement and he glared at me.

"Hmm, maybe that old man was wrong in telling me the directions."

I was about to retort when I felt a tug at the hem of my sleeve. It was Yona.

Both her and Hak froze and stared at the same direction with disbelief.

I followed their line of sight and saw that there were the same troops I saw before.

I muttered a curse under my breath.

"Hak! take Yona. I'll deal with them."

He gave me an 'are-you-serious' look and I, in return showed him a 'wtf-go-now' face.

He carried Yona bridal style and I prepared myself to act as the sacrifice, a beautiful sacrifice.

Yeah right.

As if.

As if Yue will let that happend.

My good horse dropped me and acted as the distraction so we could escape.