The Reason For The Kidnapping

Chapter 34

The following morning when I woke up, Fang was intently staring at my face. He gave me a nod and went out of the cave, expecting me to follow him.

The mood is well... how do I put it - awkward.

He must have noticed how hard I was staring at him because he called me out as being annoying.

Looks like his normal mode is back.

I didn't dare bring what happened last night. I have this feeling he won't be taking me seriously anyways.

We both waited at an abandoned house somewhere in a forest. After an hour of nothing but dead silence, Min-soo and Yue showed up.

I sprinted towards my horse and hugged what my little arms could reach. It turns out that the medicine was indeed effective. Too effective that it was quite scary. There were no signs of a healing wound nor a scar for that matter. The wounds have completely disappeared without a trace.

I would've been more surprised if I didn't have my ability. I pushed the thought at the back of my mind.

I'm sure Soo-won would be so worried if he knew I was kidnapped, but I can't be tied down by him. I love my freedom way too much. Besides, there's the incident about Kye-sook as well. I cannot stay there anymore if it means I have to live my life just waiting to be killed. At least, not right now.

-/-

Fang returned to being my back-up plan. On my way to our destination, he remained in the dark as we both agreed that he would only show up if I was in grave danger. He was free to do anything he want. After all, that's what he's always been doing.

On the other hand, Min-soo and Yue were to stay by my side. It would be too dangerous if an adorable, fragile, young girl such as I, wander around on my own. The road isn't exactly my 'bestest' of friend either.

"It's probably about time that you tell us what's going on Milady." Min-soo said, confronting me.

"You are too perceptive Min-soo. And here I thought I could hide it for a bit more."

"You won't just leave the castle with such a shallow reason."

I thought about it. "Good point. Actually I want to search for my father." I answered him ever-so casually.

Min-soo gaped at me in shock.

"Don't look so surprised, I don't miss him or anything. I just have something really important to ask him."

It was the truth. I think it's about time I have a sincere talk with him regarding my ability. Everything, starting from when I was introduced into my new family and memories before that are all a blur to me. Soo-won even mentioned a memory I wasn't aware of and it's eating at my curiosity.

I, at least want to know who or what I really am. Heck, I don't even know if I'm human.

Of course, I have a reason for this. They all said I was the Castle's Sentinel. In all honesty, despite my carefree attitude regarding this issue, deep inside I really do want to know why I received that title.

"Is it important enough that you would make King Soo-won worry for your whereabouts?"

Well, that's a pretty blunt question.

"Yes."

In addition to what I wanted to ask my father, is the birthmark on my back. Soo-won said it was getting bigger. To be honest, it wasn't just the size I'm worried for, but it has been acting up lately as well. Sometimes, I would wake up late in the night and feel a stabbing pain in my back. I didn't mind it at first because I have more important things to settle than worry about trivial things. However, the more I ignore it, the more it's becoming obvious that something is wrong with me.