Think It Over

Chapter 6

"Th-thank you for uhh.. that." Hean-Dea awkwardly said after walking out from the scene earlier.

I turned to him and smiled.

Although he was thankful, there was still a hint of suspicion in his eyes.

"No big deal. Just don't try to pick on big guys again.. especially when you can't handle them by yourself." I told him and he lowered his head.

He was riding my horse while I was walking right beside them, holding Yue's reins so whenever he looked like he have something to tell me, I would always pester him to say it.

"What's with the stare?" I asked him when I caught him stealing a few glances at my face which he's unsuccessful of because of my hood.

"Sorry."

I laughed, "You want to see my face?".

He vigorously nodded his head and flinched when his wound hurt.

"You'd have to keep it a secret though."

The truth is only a few knows who I really am. I bet Yona doesn't even remember me. I was pretty locked up inside the manor since I was a child so only a few knew me.

Despite my rank, I am an important person in the castle.

I've even heard it once or twice in my life. People in the castle calling me.. Yona's substitute.

Of course it hurts being called that. I mean who wouldn't be?

That's why I never showed myself. I don't want them to see my hair.

"It's okay if you don't though." He quickly added, seeing how my mood changed when the topic focused on my appearance.

"I guess hearing your voice is enough. I could tell that you're very beautiful." He smiled.

It was the first time I saw him smile sincerely since we left the scene earlier.

"Thanks for the compliment." I smiled back, showing my amusement.

"Well can you at least tell me your name then?"

"Ji-Ahn."

He seemed contented so I left it at that. He looks pretty nice.

-/-

"H-Hean Dea!" An old woman approached us as she frantically checked Hean Dea's injuries.

"Thank you for bringing him here!" She bowed, helping Hean Dea on his knees. I smiled as an answer and was about to help when a few men headed our way.

Yue poked my back as if telling me it's time to go. I really can't waste my time here. I still need to find someone.

"Get well soon okay Hean Dea. I'll try to visit again when I have the chance." I stated, securing my hood.

"Pl-please let us at least give you something in return!" He called out and I giggled, remembering Min-soo.

"No, it's fine, really. Just get better, that's what you can give to me." With a smile, I rode on my horse and darted away.

-/-

The Next Day...

So here I am, getting back to the business I'm not even sure I could do anymore.

But when I feel like giving up, Soo-won's pretty face pops into my mind. That's enough to keep me going.

"Yue, how much further?" I asked, bored.