Distance{23}

•CHASE POV•

Staying away from Layla is a lot harder then I thought, I constantly see her at school and all I want to do is talk to her, when I'm alone all I want is her. Nothing is working, not the alcohol, not the drugs, not even other girls are helping get my mind off her, I'm at the point where I've stopped using those things as a distraction.

"Matt please just talk to me bro" I plead at him. This is ridiculous it's been three days since I snapped at him and he hasn't said one word to me.

"Not in the fucking mood Chase!" He yells at me.

"Great! That's a start!" I say with hope.

"Chase just piss off!"

"Well in all fairness we're in the boys changing rooms so where the fuck am I supposed to go?" I ask stating the truth.

"Anywhere, I don't give a shit!"

I just huff.

"Matt for fuck sake, I'm sorry bro I wasn't thinking straight I was drinking and also I was pretty pissed off so I took it out on you and I'm sorry, okay? We good?" I say fake smiling at him.

"Ow! You dick!" I yell after Matt through a shoe at my head.

"Yep I feel better" Matt says and slightly laughs.

"You didn't have to cause me physically pain!"

"What? Would you rather us talk about are feelings and that girly shit?" Matt gives me a pointed look.

"Good point" I nod my head agreeing.

After were changed we head to lunch. When I walk past my locker I see Hayden chatting up Layla. Hayden is a absolute dick and he's really dangerous. He is in a really big gang that you just know not to mess with, I actually used to be in the gang and I saw some really messed up stuff. I was really lucky to get out, they got me to do there dirty work like delivering there drugs, I hate his guts so much. I can tell she feels uncomfortable because she squirming around and keeps looking over her shoulder nervously.

I feel my blood boiling just watching him talk to her.

I walk over to Layla and put my arm around her waist.

"Hey babe" I state looking right into the Hayden eyes hoping he gets the message to back off.

"What are you doing here Chase?" She asked confused at me.

"Yeah Chase what are you doing here?"Hayden says with a grin.

I'm so tempted to punch him right in the fucking jaw.

"Well I saw a dick bothering Layla so I came to make sure she was okay" I spat out with hatred.

"Chase just go. Please" she looks down at her feet not even able to look me in the eyes. I run a hand threw my hair in frustration, not exactly wanting to leave Layla by herself with that bastard.

"Looks like your the only dick bothering Layla now" he grins at me obviously finding this amusing.

I clenched my fist and stare at him debating if I should just hit the little shit already. Until Reece rushes and places a firm grip on my shoulder.