Torn {36}

"Mom?" I squeak with a confused face, it's been two years since I saw my mom sitting in the kitchen.

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" I look at her and dad.

"Look Layla your mother just wants to fix's things" my dad jumps in placing a supportive hand on my moms shoulder making me want to scream, what the hells happening my mom leaves for about two years walks back in my life and everyone says forgive her?

"Well I don't know if she can fixs things!"

"Come on Chase!" I tug on his hand to go upstairs to get away.

"Sorry kitty" he mumbles.

"What?" I stop walking and face him his face looks guilty and hurt making me feel nervous.

"I can't stay" He hangs his head low not looking at me.

"Chase what the hell are you on about?!" I question not sure if I want to know what he's on about.

He looks up at my parents awkwardly and pulls me out the front so we can talk in private which I'm glad for cause I couldn't stand being in the same room as my mom any longer.

"Care to explain what your talking about?" I cross my arms firmly.

"I-I can't stay Layla" he says voice full of guilt.

"Why?" My voice starts to shake.

"Layla Hayden has just threatened me AND you, I don't want you to get caught up in that cause you will and if something happened to you I don't think I could ever forgive myself. Your a somebody your gonna do great things with your life I won't let me be the thing that holds you back in life, people like me...we don't have a future" his words cut straight through me making me feel tearful.

"What are you saying Chase?!" My voice croaks as I struggle to finish my sentence.

"I'm saying, as long as I know Hayden is any sort of threat to you I will not let what we have blow up in my face" he places his hands on my shoulders looking straight in my soul.

"Chase you said you would never hurt me, but if you leave it won't just hurt me it'll crush me!" I'm no longer trying to hide the tears in just sobbing, he places his hand behind my head and pulls me into his chest were I clutch his shirt and cry but he doesn't care that I'm soaking his shirt he just whispers things in my ear.

"You'll always be my girl" when I hear him whisper that I smile a little and look up at him.

"Promise?" I sob.

"Promise babe" he lets me go grabs his backpack and hops in his truck.

"Where will you stay?" My shaky voice manages to say.

"Don't worry about me baby girl" he smirks and pulls my head to his forehead and softly kisses me.

He starts the truck and before I know it I'm sitting in the front lawn crying and I can know longer see his truck.

If he doesn't stay here because he's worried about Hayden I feel like that means he want to stay away from me all together and the thought makes me cry even more.

My mom rushes out the front to me and sits next to me in the grass.

"You wanna talk about it honey?" She softly whispers.

I look at her and shake my head.

"Are you done crying?"

I shake my head.

"Do you want a hug?" She sits a little closer.

I shake my head and look up at her I then slowly nod my head because the way I'm feeling I could go for a hug even if I am mad at her.