Accident{40}

"What do you mean mom's in the hospital?!" I feel myself rising into a panic mode.

"Look she's been in a car accident. That's why I was fighting with Donna she didn't want me to take you to go see her" he loosens his tie awkwardly.

"Well we need to go now dad!" I could now feel my heart pounding extremely fast that I could feel it pop out of my chest.

"I'll grab my keys, jump in the car Layla" he rushed out of the room and I sprint for the car just wanting to hurry up and make sure she's okay, what even happened? Is she going to be okay?!

After we basically had taken over every car on the road and finally arrived at hospital I ran in fumbled and confused in even what I was doing. I slam my hand down hard on the desk just to get the old large lady to glimpse at me.

"Can I help you?" She sighs.

"I'm looking for my mum she's been in a accident!" I say very quickly that I didn't even register what I said.

"Name?" The lady ask.

"Pardon?!" I impatiently ask.

"What's your mothers name?!" She repeats but louder this time.

"Uh, Linda Wood" I tap my foot nervously.

"There's is no one with the name Linda Wood here?" She rolls her eyes.

"What?" I mumble under my breath.

The lady goes to spin around on her chair uninterested in what I have to say.

"Wait" I snap.

The lady turns around and raises one of her very thin drawn on eyebrow.

"Try Linda Cole that's her maiden name!" I start biting my nails nervously.

"Yes we have a Linda Cole" she stops typing in her computer and tells me and dad the way to the room. I can't believe mom changed her last name back to Cole, I mean I know in a way she sorta left dad but it still hurts.

When we rush around the hospital we finally find moms room and I see her lying there with a machine attached beeping away cords everywhere she looks broken and fragile. She has a bruise on her head and a bandage on her arm.

I break down beside her and rest my arm gently on hers while my dad stands behind me resting a hand on my shoulder.

After a couple of minutes a nurse walks in.

"What happened to her?!" I say in a hyper tone.

"She was in a car accident, a elderly man was driving past and found her car smashed into a tree we still don't know exactly what happened she was barely conscious when we found her she just kept repeating the same word over again" the nurse informs us.

"What did she say?!" I question and latch myself onto the nurses arm like a crazy person.

"She just kept saying something about a young man in a black car, but like I said she was barely conscious, we won't know until she wakes up hopefully soon" the nurse manages to unleash herself from my grip and leaves me and dad alone with mom.

Black car? Young man? Why would mom be saying that?...holy mother of god what if it was?! No he wouldn't?! What am I talking about of course he would but what car does Hayden even drive?!

I feel my message tone go off its from Hayden...

Hayden: I hear your mom was in a accident, send her my love you really need to be more careful Layla.

Shock covers my face I knew it. It was Hayden, that's what he meant by the texts!

I dial Chases number to ask for help and warn him about what Hayden has done.