Chapter 1

Waking up was never something I thought I'd love. I'd used to love sleeping, being unconscious while my head was buzzing with the sound of dreams. Not this time though, this time I hated it. I had an insane amount of adrenaline rushes whenever I dreamed now.

I woke up to the sound of muttering and yelling. I sat up on the Stadium floor, my eyes bleary and dazed. The world was going in and out for me and my head was slightly ringing like a telephone in the background.

After moments of stillness, silence and agony I finally adjusted to the lights. I was in the third court on the right side of the Stadium, which was to be honest right next to the Music building! There was a back door next to the big window where we could have demanded access through, since it was really close to the clearing. The thought of it made me curse.

I look around at all the people on the middle of the court, standing in a circle. I swung my legs over in front of me and stood up. My headache was buzzing, and I knew that this was the telephone noise I heard. I set off towards the circle of crowded people. They were all cheering, shouting out words that were muffled. I looked out over the big window, and I couldn't see a thing but black. It was night time, and I must have dozed off at daytime.

I pushed my way through the growing crowd, until I was the first at the base of it. There were too boy's doing combat. The first one had blonde hair, short and pointed up to resemble a mohawk. His blue eyes were staring focused, keeping his eyes on the other target. The other boy though, had short dark brown hair. Muscles coiled his body, and he stranded much taller against the smaller blonde headed boy. My life force tingled in excitement.

It's our mate, she chirped inside my head.

I cursed myself aloud. I turned towards a girl who had dark brown hair and eyes, staring blankly at the fight. I tapped her shoulder. "Hey, um what are they doing?" I asked politely.

The girl shrugged. "Apparently, the boy with the brown hair wants everyone to know how to fight. He thinks that it will be good when we're attacked."

I sigh. That definitely sounds like something Josh will do. "I'm Katherine, by the way." I say to her.

The girl turned towards me, and flashed a short smile. "I'm Alicia." She replied.

I nodded and looked at the coming fight. Josh was in the motion of kicking the other boy, who absorbed the hit and flew a few feet away. I sighed, and suddenly anger and frustration pushed through me. He's hurting Human's; people who are not like him. In my anger I start to walk into the space, but a hand grasped my arm and spun me around. The girl called Alicia was staring at me.

"What are you doing? You can't just go in there! The guy could kill you!" She exclaimed, tightening her grip on my arm.

I shrugged, despite the fact that she doesn't know that I am what Josh is or that I'm perfectly capable of defending myself against him. "Yeah I know, but I'm just curious of what he's gonna say when I beat him up."

She doesn't reply and let's go of me, and I turn around to walk over to Josh. He had the poor kid in a head lock, and the little blonde boy was crying out to let him go. I, however, just stood there expectantly. "Hello? Let him go." I say, waving my hands in front of him. Josh ignored me.

I coughed loudly, which didn't really help either. Anger and frustration poured into me and I did the most unspeakable, yet funniest thing I could do...

I stood in front of him and punched his sweet, sexy face. At first I was shocked as Josh let go of the boy and stumbled back. But then somehow, I wanted it. I wanted to fight. It wasn't until I realised that I knocked Josh up pretty good. His nose was bleeding, and his gold eyes looked at me amusingly. The circle suddenly got quiet, and just then did he speak. "Never thought you would have the gut's to punch me." He said amusingly, as he wiped the blood off his nose.

My life force whimpered at the state of our mate, but the storm encouraged me to take a few more shots. I smiled, slyly. "It was the least I could do, since payback won't do it." I reply.

Admiration and lust filled through the bond between Josh and I, and it wasn't mine.

Josh smiled. "Well, then my love. Shall we dance?"

I smiled back, knowing my answer. My body knew it too, and I actually wanted to fight him. I wanted to feel his blood on my skin, despite the fact that we're mates. Despite the fact that we're bonded together because of a truth no Human realises they're apart of.

"Yes," I say, demonstrating love and happiness towards him and letting it soak through the bond. " Yes, my love, we shall."

It was all I could say before my stomach lurched, and I lunged in to fight the love of my life.