Chapter 11

I stumble back as it finishes roaring at me! You know some people would think that as rude!

Christina helps me up as the - oh gosh what am I going to call that thing now? A walking-muzzled-retarted-thingie-that-walks-on-two-legs-and-speaks-animal? No that would be too long! We can call the small ones dogs and that can be called... Yeah I get to that later.

Christina pushes me behind her and I just step next to her. She turns towards me.

" Kate, what are you doing? I am trying to protect you!" Christina exclaimed. I laugh and put my arm on her shoulder. Ha, she thinks she actually has to protect me! Poor thing!

" Yeah well, sweetie not really. I can take care of myself." I say, still trying not to laugh. Christina just looks at me weird. " You don't have a weapon. Your defenceless and you could get hurt!" Christina explained. Yeah, yeah. What about you Christy? You could get hurt and I won't. It just helps to have an unlimited supply of ice when you need it! Ok now I am sounding like a total   bitch!

" Trust me Christy, I won't."

The... um...doggy man thingie, was throwing several amounts of swipes at Josh. Josh was just blocking them. I think he doesn't want to show his powers yet either. So good for him - at least were thinking on the same level now. Well I'm in between of showing them and not showing it. I want Christina to know that once that knife is gone she is in danger.

" Christina the dogs!" I shout. Christina turns around to look at Tessa and George backed up against the wall, the dogs closing in. Christina starts running towards Tessa - God I hate her - and George. I don't know what to do. It's either help Christina against the dogs or Josh against the... Um... Hell Hound! I will just call it a Hell Hound!

Without thinking I run over to where Josh is. The Hell Hound was throwing several swipes at Josh, and Josh was dodging them quick and throwing the occasional fire ball at it, when he was sure Christina and the others weren't looking.

Getting as close as I can I throw an ice at the Hell Hound, and hits it's head. The Hound stopped throwing swipes at Josh and turned around to face me. The Hound growled ferociously, and walked on all fours towards me. I backed up a few steps and I was leading it towards the dogs and Christina and the others. " Kate, what the hell are you doing?" Josh shouts at me. I give him a smile.

" Just trust me." I say. My plan is to lead the Hell Hound towards the dogs, and hopefully attack each other. It is a reckless plan, but right now it is the best I have. I walk a few steps back the Hound takes a few steps forward. Soon enough it looks like we're both sparring in a Fencing match. While the demon takes a lunge at me, I take a step back using my force fields to help through it off balance. But my powers are still weak, and it doesn't help much.

" Christina, move away from the dogs."

I shout out over my shoulder. " Are you kidding me, Katherine? Take it over the way!" Christina shouts back. I dodge another swipe and stamp my foot down so ice trials out of it, and the Hell Hound places it's right foot directly on top of it. It yelps in pain as the ice crawls upwards, soon it's all over the Hell Hound leg. It falls with a bang. This might be better than the other plan.

" Christina! Throw the knife!" I wave over to her. Christina lifts her hand up and chucks it over. I ready myself to catch it, aware that if I miss it could either cut me or chop my fingers off. I catch it with my hands on the blade, and blood soon starts dripping down my hand. But hey that's bound to happen, right? It could be worse. I watch as ice covers the blade, and I feel Christina's eyes and three pairs more watching me. I move my hand so both of my hands are on the hilt. I lift the dice dagger up and slam it into the Hound's neck.

The Hound's cries in pain, squirming around. Then as it's eyes role back it starts shrinking, it's skin crumbling like a biscuit. When I pull the dagger back, the knife's blade was covered in black blood, not red. I start to hear a gross sizzling sound, and that's when I realise that the blood of the Hell Hound is eating away at the knife. I drop it as I watch the knife no more than boy's and pieces.

I turn around to Christina looking at me. Her expression was horrid. I think I scared her a bit. Just a little bit! I smile as she looks at the ground one more time. " You held up the knife - ice covered it! What the hell are you?!" Christina asked. I take a step closer to her, and I feel Josh's breath on my neck. He goes to stand next to me.

" We are Human Beings, like you. But we have powers. Josh has fire powers and I have ice powers. We both have the ability to make force fields, so we're not entirely defenceless."

She shook her head like she didn't believe what I said was true. I wouldn't either to be honest, but seeing what I did with the knife would have been evidence enough. " I don't believe it." Christina shakes her head at me. Josh and I look at each other before Josh holds up his hand and makes a fire ball. I hold up my hand and make an ice ball.

Christina stares at us wide eyed, clearly not believing what she is seeing. George and Tessa come to us to see what Christina is staring at and also go wide eyed. " I believe now."

Christina says barely above a whisper. Josh and I both look at each other and smile.

" Good, now Josh can you take care of those two dogs, please." I ask, josh glares at me for a moment and I smile wider. " Oh of course you highness. My life doesn't mean anything to you. But when you wish, your wish is my command." Josh says with sarcasm. He starts to walk over to where the dogs were. I smile as he starts throwing fire balls at the dogs.

It was almost ten minutes later before Josh came back, bloody with cuts and bruises. But at least he killed the two dogs. " Thank you. Now it is getting dark, and the Music building will be a great place to sleep the nice in." I suggest. Christina nods thoughtfully. " Well, I guess we can't get any better than the Music building. So let's head off then." She replies.

We start to head off, walking away from the clearing. I was relieved to be away from that clearing, memories of the Hound would give me nightmares if I had stayed any longer. We walk through a narrow pathway and into a smaller clearing, where the steps to the music building were. We walk up the steps quickly and walk up a long, narrow pathway vertically upwards to reach the doors into the building. I can't wait until we go in there, we will be safe and those Hell Hound's and dogs won't be able to get us. But there will also be musical instruments in there. Like the piano. Oh I just love the piano! All the tunes an the notes an the heavenly sounds put together...

Josh closes the doors, and I breath a sigh of relief knowing that the little click of the doors, will secure us safely in this rather large building. Josh, I, Christina, Tess and George walk into one of the classrooms. The were six rows of tables, and chairs were pushed out roughly. My eyes skimmed over the piano on the left and it took ever ounce of my muscles to not bolt to it and start punching the keys.

I sit in a seat and I moan. It has been so long since I have sat down. I feel like I could sleep ten years and wake up tired when the ten years were over. Well, fighting Hell Hound's and dogs will do that to you. I open my eyes to see Josh sit in a seat next to me. I just stare at him, as he stares at the ceiling.

" How long to you think we can survive without food?" I ask randomly. Josh doesn't turn his head to face me, he just keeps on staring up at the ceiling.

" It's hard to say, since Human's can survive without food for two to three weeks. But with our Abilities, who       knows."               

I sigh. " I just wish it was a dream."

" Well, it would be a real shitty dream then!" Josh replied with a laugh. I laugh too, and start to feel sleepy. I just want I wake up in my bed, enclosed safely in the walls of my home. I close my eyes, and let the darkness wrap itself around me, knowing that I will be safe.