Chapter 18 (Josh's P.O.V)

We all stare at the swarm of dogs. My breathing had quicken, and I tightened my hold on Katherine. Katherine looked at me rudely, and tried to get away. I only tightened my hold until she finally stopped squirming around.

Christina was next to me on the other side, George next to her. We have to find a way to get to the gates that enter towards the Stadium. I have a plan. But it's going to be reckless and very dangerous.

I lean my head down to Katherine's ear, and whisper.

" I have a plan." I say.

Katherine gives me a disbelieving look but doesn't say anything, obviously meaning that I should continue. I do.

" We should try to distract the dogs and Christina and George can go to the gates and wait for us. We can then fight our way out and through the gates. We can lock them to prevent the dogs from entering them."

Katherine looks like she is thinking thoughtfully. I give her time, while watching the dogs as they continue to growl over the rotten food scraps. I cringe at the sight, and the smell was revolting.

" Josh, one of us should stay with Christina and George. They aren't specialised like us, putting them at risk. I should be the distraction, you go and-" Katherine protests.

I cut her off. What is she thinking? What is going through that white head of hers? Saying, her blonde tips are gone now. I saw when she used the special force feild. Her hair is now all white, and her eyes are even more beautiful. They are a more dark Amethyst, but at the same time that have some dark blue in them; blended really well. If I stare at them long enough, I can see what she's thinking.

" Don't you even think about it Kate. I have almost lost you before, I am not losing you now. You are connected to me somehow, and if you die, I will feel as if a part of my soul has died. I love you and your going to be safe. I will protect you until the end's of this Earth."

Katherine smiles and blushes, and I lean in and kiss her. It was short but passionate, sending sparks up my body. The burning flame in my heart has gone down at her touch. It was the same when I checked her if she was alright. Her touch brings me peace, it brings happiness. If I lose her, I will kill myself. The pain will be too much.

Katherine pulls back and looks at me concerned. " I love you too. But right now, it isn't the best time. In fact, I would have fathered it in the Stadium when we're all safe and not dead. Your timing is off, but your love will never be off. Ok, now that sounded really cheesy!" She smiles.

I nod, and manage to smile. These days, Katherine is the only one that can make me smile without faking it. " Let's tell the others." I confirm. Katherine nods and we both turn around to tell Christina and George the plan. Christina gave some good idea's as did George, to my surprise.

" Josh, are you sure this will work? This might kill all of us, but I personally think that this will. I just want to know if you believe this will work?" Christina asks.

" Yes, I am sure this will work. I have faith, but we have to be quick and effective. Stay to the plan and we will hopefully make it." I confirm with more strength than I intended. Christina nods and George and Christina get into position. They were crouched down and ready to take off. Christina is much faster than George, but he is light and can move on the ground quickly.

" Josh, we can do this. I threw a spear made out of ice into one of the Hell Hounds, I'm sure I can distract some pesky dogs." Katherine hisses with a small smirk. Her lips are so tempting, but I know that - like she said - it's not the right time. She was also right, me kissing her just then was also off.

" Really? You made a spear out of ice? You should have seen what I did. I clapped my hands with so much force, that a wave of fire melted the Hell Hound. It looked so cool. But I wished I could have seen what you've done."

Katherine smiled shyly. " OK. Enough with the pity talk, let's show the mutts what they up against. Human's will not be extinct now, and they won't for many centuries to come!" Katherine said boldly. I smile as she said it.

I look over to Christina and George, who are still awaiting orders. I said that as soon as I give the word they can run. Katherine and I will run further into the carpark and shout out for attention. Hopefully that part is succeeded. Then after that, we basically just have to dodge our way through the horde of dogs and into the safety of the black gates.

" Go." I whisper. Katherine and I start tip-toeing towards one of the car's. We hit the side of the white Porche quickly, I notice that Katherine's hair was even whiter than the car! It made her Amethyst eyes stand out so much against the car.

" You ready?" I ask. Katherine turns toward me hestiantly. But her face shows me otherwise.

" Ready as I'll ever be."

I nod and we run. My steps quicken as Katherine's does. We stop at the side of the creek. We are on a walking track. Good. The extra height gives us the advantage. I could see Christina and George making there way over to another car that looked red. I couldn't tell what type of car it is, seeing how far away I was. But the car from my view was sitting pretty close to the gates, and Chrisitna and George only had a short distance to run.

"Ready to make some noice?" I ask. Katherine smiled cheekly.

We start walking closer towards the dosen or so dogs. I move my hands and jump up and down, shouting out at the top of my lungs.

" OVER HERE YOU BASTARDS! YOU WANT TO EAT HUMAN PROPORTIANS THAN COME EAT US! I'LL PROBABLY BURN YOUR TONGUE OFF AND KATE WILL PROBABLY GIVE YOU HYPERTHERMIA, BUT WHY NOT?"

Katherine starts giggling and I start to brake off in laughter too. But while we were laughing, the dogs had advanced on us. I open my eyes and start to back away, as Katherine opened her eyes too.

" Kate, we should run!" I say.

" Yeah, I'm already in front of you!" she replies.

Now, we both turn around and run. And I know, by the whines and howls that swarm behind us, that the dogs are not that far behind.