Chapter 28

I laid on the Stadium amphitheatre step staring up at the roof, wondering when life will take me. Wondering when death will take me, too. All this time I have known that I was different, that I wasn't the same as everyone else. Of course, that was true. It's because I am.

Josh was lying next to me asleep, something me wanted to do. I let him sleep, but he kept saying that he wouldn't go to sleep without me. I had protested at first, calling him a baby. He was acting like one though, because he was recalling me as a teddy he couldn't sleep without at night. It had annoyed me but I slept with him.

Not in the way anyone thinks! By that, I meant by sleeping fully dressed in clothes next to him! Not sleeping with him as in naked after having sex... Which I do contemplate sometimes.

I sat up and looked at his face. His dark hair, that fell freely over his closed eyes. His smooth breathing, his wide and strong chest that I laid my head on. His lips were so tempting to me, but I couldn't feel the urge to wake him up at such a peace full state. He was, at truth, at peace.

I stood up quietly, leaning down to kiss his cheek. But arms wrapped around me, the ones that were so strong but careful, and Josh pulled me down with him on the floor. I thrashed around, trying to get out of his strong hold but it was no use, because I was locked in a grasp only a distraction if seduction could make. Ones that I excel at.

" Josh, come on! Let me go." I say, trying to get out of his hold.

Josh huffed and pressed me closer to his warm chest. His heat made my ice cold skin burn, and in some ways it actually burnt me.

" Never!" He replied. He sat up though, and made me sit down on his lap. I always thought I was fat when I was inhuman. Now, my body was sculptured to perfection. Curves were perfect, but my mind and soul still held that arrogant and defying manner that is just so familiar. Sometime I hated my ability to turn everything into a joke, but sometimes I loved it because it was just me. The me I'll hopefully always be.

Josh's arms were around my waist, his chin on my neck. " You'll stay here, with me forever. I won't let you go." He said to me, whispering in my ear. I closed my eyes, tingles shooting up my arms. The touch I loved and both dreaded, came with the most most beautiful being in the universe.

Suddenly, my stomach grumbled for the first time in a long time. I was actually hungry!

" I will stay, but for now I want some freaking food! Josh, I don't even know how long I have gone without food! It's been two months and I don't recall eating since then. Have you eaten at all?" I ask.

Josh let go of me and stared hard into the floor. His face was hard, yet thoughtful. " Yes I have, actually. You have too. When we were at the Music building unconscious because of what I did... We went out to the canteen to see if there was food. There was food there, muffins and cookies and all the bad shit. There wasn't however, a First Aid Kit to help you heal. We got as much fruit as there was in there and other foods, and well, I forced you to eat it. You swallowed naturally, and yeah that sort of stuff."

I nodded, still wondering how Josh managed to make me chew the food. He might have moved my jaw to chew it up, and he said I swallowed. But a horrible thought came into my mind. What if he chewed the food so I didn't choke, open my mouth and spit in there? I shuddered at the thought, nausea washing over me.

I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. I pulled away and blushed a little, because of his expressions it was plain but shocked as well. " Why did you do that?" He asked softly.

I shrugged, looking down at the floor. " I just wanted to say thank you for all the thigs you did to keep me alive. I never did anything to keep you alive for that long-"

Josh interrupted me instantly, putting his hands securely on my shoulders and spinning me around to properly face him. His eyes were wild. " No, you did more than I did! You kept me alive because you were there with me. Your smile gives me hope to stay alive. Shit! I sounded like Ken the gay Barbie doll!" He said.

I hit him. " His name is Brad, not Ken and he's not gay! Where did you even get that from?" I ask incredulously, despite the smile forming on my lips.

Josh shrugged. " I don't know. Most of the time I don't think where I get stuff from. It just comes up like a burp before I can run out of the door!" He replies, making me laugh.

By the time I stop, a thought hit me. " Do you think Cooper will try to get us back?" I ask him, stopping his smile. Josh looked at the ground once more, his jaw tensing. He looked so agitated at the sound of Cooper's name.

" Maybe, it depends. But if he does hurt you in any way, he better watch his gut's before I rip them out and let them dangle!"

I gulp, because he would do that if he had the chance. Josh and I both know how much he hated Cooper. He wouldn't hesitate in hurting him for payback all those years ago.

" Well, then that'll be a good show." I reply, shuddering a little.

Josh agreed. " Yes, yes it would."

I shook the horrible thoughts away. I snuggled deeper into him, and Josh was already shifting himself so I was comfortable. Once we were both comfortable, I started talking again. There was another question in my mind I wanted to say.

" How do we kill Cooper?" I ask.

It was a long moment before he replied. I waited patiently, my life force agitated at the silence and suspense. She wanted a straight forward answer.

" I don't know how, but let's not worry about the future. Let's worry about how we'll survive together. Because in the fucked up world, there's relative sense somewhere."

I didn't bother answering, because I didn't need to, nor did I want to. So we just stayed there snuggled up together. Never in my life had I recalled the day I'd be friends with the guy who had caused me pain. The guy who left me.

In reality, I just never listened. He was in trouble, and he loved me enough to lie just so I would be safe. He's the fire, and I'm the ice to cool him down. We were always made for each other, and that's fact.

I just hope we can accept it. Because the truth hurts in some ways. But I know, as long as we're together, we'll be safe.

I'll always love you, even when we're world's apart.