Chapter 14

I scream.

It's the only thing you can do when a fist is being directed at your head. Especially a boy's. Especially Josh's.

I duck and his fist connects with the wall and the plaster snaps, his whole arm into the wall. I try to open the door but it's locked. I shuffle the handle and I turn to Christina to help me, but she is only shocked. She grabbed Tessa and George and backed them and her up against the other side of the room.

Bystander much!

Josh ripped his hand back, a evil smile planted on his face. I stare in horror as his hands catch on fire, and throws it at me. My natural instinct is to duck, which I do, and some of the fire lands on the smashed glass on the door. I hear a weird sizzling sound and I look over to see that the glass has melted, the outline of the burned glass is red.

His fire can melt glass - and I'm sure that fire doesn't melt that quick through glass. Then again his powers came from space, so it wouldn't be like normal fire. But never would my ice.

Josh turns towards me and I back up. I take a few more steps back and before I know it I am against the cold plaster wall. Josh reaches out towards me and places his hand against my throat. I start to hyperventilate as Josh hisses something into my ear.

" Remember when I said that the next time we have a power fight, that I was going to get you in the head?" He asks, his hot breath against my face. I was feeling intimidated and something was building up inside of me. The inside of me was feeling...

Threatened? I felt a strange urge to let it out but I willed to keep it in. But I wasn't sure how long I could.

I nod nervously. Josh smiles again, the flame in his eyes burning ever so hotly. " Well, I am not going to hit you in the head with a fire ball." He says.

I feel relieved. Here I thought that he was going to actually hit me in the head with fire that can melt glass! Like acid - but not... acid.

Suddenly his smile grows wider as he narrows his eyes and leans in, millimetres from my face.

" I not going to hit you in the head. I'm going to kill you!"

I start to feel his hand against my throat feel hotter, and suddenly I start shaking. I look down at my hands, they were turning blue. They were glowing. And than something happens that I wasn't conscious of, something that took me moments upon moments to take in. I started shaking so violently that Josh had lost his red eyes; and he was staring at me with fear. But I couldn't hold it in.

And then I double up as Josh get's thrown invisibly against the wall. And then I loose my ability to stand.

I black out after I see Josh land on the piano, shattering it in a million pieces.

Josh's (P.O.V)

I hear Katherine scream as I throw my fist towards her head. She ducks and my fist connects with the wall. The power of my punch breaks the the plaster, and my fist goes through the other side. I hear Katherine shaking the locked door handle. I rip it back and eye the hole in the room, the outside of the foyer. I turn around with an evil smile planted on my face.

I make a fire back and throw it at her, not even thinking if it hit's her or not. Katherine ducks and moves to the other side of the room. I watch as my fire melts the glass like it would to paper. I feel shocked myself a bit, since I could never to this before.

I turn towards Katherine, and stalk towards her. She backs up with a sob and soon she is backed up against the wall. I reach out and snatch her neck with my hand and lean in for effect, the smile on my face widening.

I don't know why it am feeling violence towards her, but I can't stop it. It's controlling me somehow, moving my body with force. The inside of my body is burning with delight, as if happy that I am trying to hurt the girl I love.

Katherine starts to hyperventilate as I lean in close to her ear, and whisper something.

" Remember when I said that the next time we have a power fight, that I was going to get you in the head?" I asks, my hot breath against her face. Her blonde hair with

ice-white tips made her blue-violet eyes stand out more than ever. I scream out to myself to stop, but the compulsion of my body still continues it's threat.

Katherine's face is full of fear as she nods slowly. I keep up my smile as I lean even closer towards her. " Well, I am not going to hit you in the head with a fire ball." I say.

I see Katherine's face relax a little, and I put some more pressure on my grip on her throat and her face goes back to horror. Now I am millimetres from her face and I hiss so etching again into her ear.

" I not going to hit you in the head. I'm going to kill you!"

Stop! Please I don't want to hurt her! Why can't I stop!, I think my face not moving. Suddenly my powers start flowing threw my hand, and Katherine starts to whine in pain.

Then... She starts shaking. Her blue-violet eyes start turning white and I suddenly I am back in control, and I step but in horror. Katherine's hands are glowing, her eyes white. Pure white.

Katherine leans forwards and screams out the power. The exact same force field that the meteorite made when it clashed with Earth. It hit's me and I gasp as I am flying across the room, and land with a loud bang. I have landed on the shiny black Grand piano.

I open my eyes dazed, and Christina is there yelling at me. I hold my hand up to say that I am okay, but she grabs my hands and thrusts me up.

I feel splinters in almost every part of my body, and I start pulling them out with a wince. Every splinter seems to hurt twice as more, each splinter doubling in both pain and size.

My eyes land on Katherine's sprawled body on the carpet. I ran over to her.

Her hair has turned almost fully white, and there were only a few blonde strands left. I tuck some behind her ear and gasp at the sight I see.

Her neck was covered with burns, blisters and both blood. Big boils were here and there, and tears welled up my eyes.

What have I done?