Chapter 19

We run. Obviously.

With dogs snarling and biting at your heels, I'm sure anyone would too.

We are running away; our plan had worked. I only hope that Christina and George made it, because it seems like it has been forever. We have ran all the way to the bridge and we are very close to crossing over it.

There were about right or nine dogs chasing us. I triped over a couple of times becuase of a hole in the track or a really small rock - just the fact that my inner self wants to take over and fight these fucking bastards. Oops, exuse my French!

"Josh! Stop at the other side of the bridge." I say in between long breaths. Running at top speed for a long time can be challenging, even when you could just use powers to send them packing. But right now in this situation, running seems the most best option for survival. Sometimes, you can't rely on all of your gifts. It is survival of the fitest out her now.

Josh and I run across the bridge and wait once we crossed the other side. The dogs stoped at the other side, as if worried to walk on it. If they still had there humanity they should know that it's a bridge and it's strong enough to hold ten chihuahuas and us.

I decide to start attacking the dogs while their distracted. I throw an ice ball onto one of the dogs heads, and it whines and yelps. The others just look annoyed, and I'm surprised that I can tell how they look!

Josh throws a fire ball as well and it was huge. Bigger than mine has ever been. It's the length of my forearm, and rippling with sparks and fire. It lands on two dogs, and they roar out a shrilled cry. One of the dogs takes a step on the bridge, and one paw after another it's walking towards us, baring it's canine teeth. I narrow my eyes and ready myself to throw ice at it.

Another dog follows it and it gives me time to properly look at the dog in front. This dog looks more animal than the rest. It's face isn't distorted, and it's teeth are more like a Lion's than a dogs. Sharp fury claws scraped the bridge and I see that unlike the other dogs, this one can retract it's claws. It's more cat like. It's also got a more greyish tint to it's coat than the other brown ones. The dog's tail is longer, and multiple layers of the thick grey fur cover it, making it look like a Wolf's tail. It's also bigger and stronger, and I start to wonder if this is what all the other dogs are going to look like when there Turning process is done. Can the dogs bite as well?

The dog growls and is now in the middle of the bridge, and I see that Josh is getting frustrated. He throws a couple of fire balls at it, and the dog dodges every one. I throw an ice ball at the others at the back, and it hit a small one. The other dogs were different, but I can teel there not far off from Turning into what they were meant to turn into. The spines along the fully Turned dogs back had almost disapeared, only ridges were left.

" Come on, come on." I mumble, throwing another ice ball as we start to back up. The memories start to flow through me. It seemed like yesterday that our life was normal; school everyday, no dogs or Hell Hounds snapping at you. It seemed like yesterday that Josh and I were natural enemies, and I was unaware of his pain. Unaware of what really happened to him. Why must God be so fucked up in situations like love and pain? Why can't it be all chocolate and roses and sex? Lot's of sex?

I was too busy contemplating that I forgot that our life was in danger. One of the dogs swiped at me, it's claws cutting a deep wound in my left thigh. I shouted something out and fell, blood trickling down onto the bridge. "Kate!" Josh shouted next to me, though it seemed he was miles away. I too, felt miles away. My vision started clouding, stars dancing between my eyes, and my cut was burning. Irt only seemed natural that the storm in my stomach burst out, and then I wasn't exactly concious of what I saw, even though I saw it.