Chapter 22

I wake up with my head on a thick layer of cold, white snow. I open my eyes and is blinded by the eerie glow of white. I can feel the small snowflakes fall on my skin as if it was a million butterflies.

I moan and sit up, taking in the world around me. It was white - obviously - and I was laying of snow - again obvious.

I stand up and lay my back on a tree. There was forest everywhere, yet no life. Barren, hostile, remote. There was nothing here but vegetation covered in layers of snow. I sigh and go to wrap my jacket in tighter, when I feel the smooth silk like fabric on my fingers. I look down, and my eyes widen.

I couldn't tightened my jacket, because there wasn't one. I was in a dress! It was a full length one, with white silk that was smooth under the skin. Little snowflakes gleamed in the weak sunlight, even though there were grey clouds. My dress was beautiful, but why did I have it? Of everything in the dream! They gave me a flimsy, silky dress that would not protect me against the cold!

I look down at my feet, which were bare. Great, that makes my dream much better. I sigh, and my breath was crystallised in a hot mist. Wow, what a real dream.

I move off the tree trunk and continue through the forest, wary. Who knows what could be in this forest! I step over a log and pull my stupid dress up to get over it. But of course, being the clumsy idiot I am, I slip. I do an awful looking splits on the log, and I moan. I fling my first leg around, and fall back onto the snow. Shit, shit, shit! My in between hurts so much! Why did I have to fall on a fucking log, in my dream! This dream has definitely got it in for me, I think.

I get up with a moan, and rub the inside of my calf, since I scraped it on the bark. Instead I jump over the log and land with a grunt. There, I think. I walk faster now, because if there's going to be a Wolf or a Tiger out there somewhere in this bloody world, than I wanna live! Even if it's just all in my head!

SNAP!

Shit! I turn around and get ready to attack. But there was nothing! I narrow my eyes and look further in the abyss of mist. It was hard to see, but I saw a flicker of a shadow going from one tree to another. Oh no!

I turn around and run, through the forest. I look back and see another flicker of movement. Then another, and another. I stop and turn around. I hear a distant howl, indicating that it's a Wolf. Great, I think of a predator and bam, there is one chasing after me!

Before I can turn around, a Wolf jumps out and lands on me. It's teeth were snapping at my throat, and we fall into the snow with a soft thud. I push the Wolf off me, and it lands on the snow a metre away. Ha!

I get up quickly and shake the snow off my dress, when another Wolf lunges at me. Two! Oh God!

I go to throw and ice ball at it, when nothing comes out. What! I lost my powers! I try to feel the storm in my stomach, but there's nothing but emptiness. For the first time since the world started... I felt vulnerable! That is not a good feeling, if I am to add.

My breath quickens as the other Wolf gets up, and snarls at me. I back up, and I keep on doing that until I turn around to run - and nearly head-butt the rock wall. I put my hands up just in time to stop me, and my hands slam onto the cold surface. I turn around as another Wolf jumps out and howls. It was a white Wolf, huge and intimidating. Fear pumped through my veins, and I pressed my back harder into the walls. The white Wolf was bigger than the other two. One was brown, and scrawny. Much like that Year 7 in our encounter with Renaia. The other Wolf was a normal grey Wolf. It was bigger than the brown Wolf, but it was much smaller compared to the white Wolf.

" Just kill me now!" I cry, as a tear escapes my eye. I narrow my eyes at the white Wolf and it growls. I close my eyes and wish it to stop, I wish the dream would just go away. I wish I was back I'm the real world, where Josh and Mrs Alweather and Marie are all there looking at me in concern. I don't want to be in this dream anymore. I just wish it would all disappear-