Are You Serious?!?!

*Aaron's POV*

On the way home it was pretty awkward. My parents were singing along to the radio while Sam, Karen and I were sitting in the back seat.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Sam had told me in the jazz lounge.

Was Karen actually trying to get Sam out of the house and away from me.

The truth is when Sam said that Karen told her that I felt pity on her I was shocked.

I don't feel like that at all. I've taken a liking to Sam. She's pretty cute.

The way she acts like she is still 10 years old and how every time she gets mad she tries to give me the silent treatment.

Sam is pretty on guard, but I don't want her to be. I want her to loosen up, live a little!

That's what my plan is going to be. Pushing her out of her comfort zone.

I want to take her out on a " date " and then after do something daring.

It's going to be fun.

I look over at Sam who is deep in thought, she looks very nervous.

I want her to feel comfortable around me and my family because she is going to have to spend the rest of the summer with us.

*****

*Samantha's POV*

I'm just starting out the window trying to plan out how this summer was going to be.

I want to narrow it down to track, eating, sleeping, and Netflix.

Don't get me wrong, Aaron has a nice family besides Karen, but I wasn't really a social person.

Aaron is the kind of person that I would try to avoid in school because he would always be getting into trouble and pushing the limits.

But there was something about this guy that I couldn't figure out.

It is like he is trying to hide something from me.

Like he just keeps closing the door on me right when I try to walk in.

But I'm not here to figure out what that something is.

I'm only here because this is what my parents want while they are away.

So I'm going to keep my distance starting now.

We pulled into the driveway at about 8:30, We would have gotten home sooner but Mr. Philips insisted on dancing at the jazz lounge.

I jump out of the car and I wait on the front porch for everyone to get out of the car.

I decide that tonight I am going to lock my door while I sleep just in case Karen gets any idea's.

Mrs. Philips unlocks the door and we file inside.

" Come kids lets all have a drink in the family room." She said enthusiastically.

" I'm okay, I have better things to do tonight." Karen states quite rudely.

" Oh, okay sweetie. Have a good night!"

" Yeah, Whatever." She stomps up the stairs.

" What happened to her?" Aaron asks puzzled.

" I'm not sure." Mrs. Philips responds.

" She's probably just tired." Mr. Philips suggests.

" Well, Aaron, Sam? Want to have a drink?"