I could use some of the truth.

*Samantha's POV*

"I'll never trust him again!" I shrug my shoulders with anger.

"I know honey." Sloane comes up to me rubbing my back to calm me down.

Right now I'm at Sloane's house pacing back and forth in her bedroom trying to understand what just happened.

"There is probably a reasonable explanation as to why Aaron would do this to you." She says as she pats the spot on her bed.

I sit down beside her and I rest my head on her shoulder, she always has a way to make me calm down.

"We both know what those girls are capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if they said something to Aaron and he didn't have a choice but to make out with her." She smiles tucking the stray pieces of hair behind my ear.

"Aaron has told you before that he cares a lot about you. Why would that have suddenly changed?"

And then it all clicked.

Suzanne must have told him a horrible story about me and then it made him so mad that he used Suzanne to make me angry.

I pull out my phone and I go to my messages with Aaron.

I start typing as fast as I can, telling him that we need to talk.

Just as I'm about to hit send a text comes in making my phone vibrate.

Aaron: We need to talk about what happened today!

I start to type back.

Samantha: Okay meet me at the Poutine Palace.

"Is it okay if I go try to straighten this out?" I turn towards Sloane showing her the texts.

"Of course go work this out Hun." She smiles enveloping me in a hug.

"Thanks, you really helped, you always help, I don't know what I would do without you."

****

I walk through the front doors and I look to see if Aaron is here yet.

And sure enough he is sitting right in the center of the restaurant fiddling with his hands.

I make my way over to the table and I sit down.

"Oh hi, how are you? Well I guess that's a stupid question considering. So do you want anything?" He asks, talking a mile a minute.

"I'll get something in a minute, so start explaining."

"I'm going to tell you everything, even if you aren't ready to hear the truth." He looks down at the table with a worried expression on his face.

"I would appreciate the truth. All of it. Even the stuff that you aren't planning on telling me." I demand.

"Okay here it goes."

"So you know how Jamie and May just randomly started dating?"

"Yeah.'

"Well Jamie doesn't even like May, I told him to ask her out because I wanted answers for you."

"Aaron!! What a horrible thing to do."

"Oh just wait 'til you hear what's coming up next, then your going to take that back. So that day when you spilled your guts about Riley, things in your story weren't adding up."

"Are you calling me a liar?!" I ask shocked at what he just said.

"No, quite the opposite actually. I'm calling those three girls you used to call friends liars. Jamie got really close to May and then she also spilled her guts to Jamie about that night. But she told him the truth."

"Okay go on."

"When May went into the room before you, that's when Riley really pasted. May couldn't handle that so she got you into that room as fast as she could to make it look like she died on your watch."

That was like a mix between a hit in the gut and a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I cant hold it in. I start to cry.

Now I don't know now if its because I've finally stopped feeling guilty or the fact that I'm talking about my sister who is no longer with us.

"Shh Samantha It's okay." He takes my hands in his and starts to rub circles in my palms.

"Can I have a poutine please." I sniffle, managing to get out a little smile.

"There's the Samantha I know, always thinking about her next meal."

While he goes to get me my poutine, I take the time to recollect myself and freshen up.

When I walk out off the bathrooms, I look over to my table and see two piping hot bowls of poutine.

I start to run over to the table, sticking the fork into the poutine, burning the roof of my mouth.

"Geez girl slow down." He laughs.

"Hey, start explaining why you were making out with Suzanne."

"Okay so this is what happened. I was looking for you around the school so I could beat you up." He chuckles, "I was just about to enter the boys bathroom when someone grabbed me from behind. I looked over my shoulder and I saw Suzanne. She started saying that she knew what I did with Jamie and May just to get information, and if I told you the truth, she would tell the entire school the fake story."

"I knew you could barely handle telling me, so explaining the story to over a thousand people wouldn't be any easier. I ask Suzanne what it would take for her to stay quiet about it. I thought she was just in it for money, but then I found out that she had just broke up with her boyfriend a couples hours before so she was feeling lonely. She said that if I didn't make out with her she would start blabbing. I never intended for you to see that. I'm sorry Samantha, I'm so, so sorry,"

Now I understand why he did that.

But something I don't understand is why would he do this for me?

He could have done it for the pretty girl in my math class, or the ditzy blonde in biology.

Yet he did it for me.

"Aaron I understand now."

"Oh thank God." He sighs a breath of relief.

"Why?" I ask.

"What?"

"Why?" I repeat.

"Why what." He asks.

"Why do all this for me when you didn't have to."

"I did have to, because I like you Samantha." He sighs like he was holding that in waiting for the right time.

"I know." I laugh.

Okay I just made this very awkward.

"What do you mean you already know."

"Well the day that we were admitted into the hospital I couldn't see, I couldn't move, but I could hear. I heard you come into my room and say those things."

"Oh."

Bing!

My phone goes off in my pocket.

Bing!

Another time.

I unlock my phone and I have a voicemail from an unknown number.

I quickly excuse myself to listen to it.

It's Sophia, she moved a couple days ago and is going to school in a couple of days.

I check my other texts and it's from my parents!

I walk back over to the table.

"Aaron grab your stuff we are going to pick up my parents. They said they have a huge surprise for me."

The new cast member Destiny is up on "this is not a chapter"

Vote

Comment

And

Follow